Mason Lino

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Mason Lino

Post by lucky 13 »

Not sure the May 1st applies for Lino is he not still under contract?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'd happily take Mason Lino on a two year deal at 28, excellent kicking game and looks to have flair to his game, bit like Jarrod Sammut looked like.

I have no complaints with French and Marshall on the wing, Johnstone is a superb winger though, despite his injury record, definitely worth signing re: quality!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Checking the link also showed Herbie Farnworth is looking to move but the new NRL team is also looking for players.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Lino is a good player who goes under the radar perhaps he wod be a solid enough signing that's for sure for any team
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Lino is very poor defensively, if we're looking for another halfback I would prefer Brodie Croft. I'd also be looking at Lewis Murphy if we're looking for a "project" winger.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Are we that successful though when it comes to project signings? Who have we actually signed as a 'project player' who has been a success?

Possibly Joe Bullock as a success, Chris Hankinson, Jarrod Sammut and Andy Powell, spring to mind as what id define as project players who haven't necessarily failed, but it didn't work out, only thinking off that top of my head, sure other names would fill this left, right and centre!

Bodie Croft would be a good signing, no doubt, realistically, surely we couldn't afford him, would it work with Cust etc.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 pm Lino is very poor defensively, if we're looking for another halfback I would prefer Brodie Croft. I'd also be looking at Lewis Murphy if we're looking for a "project" winger.
I would agree with you, Brodie Croft is a quality player with a fantastic all round game unfortunately, he is contracted to Salford. Looking at the list of players who are off contract at the end of the season there are few available that would improve our squad so we might need to pay a transfer fee or two.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Heard Croft was heading our way until Williams told us he wanted to come back so we cooled on a deal which was more or less agreed. The rests history Williams agreed to come back while actively talking to Warrington and another SL side. I like Croft but think Cust is quietly going about becoming a good half.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

I think Croft is better, Cust looks like a hooker playing in the halves, still loads of improvement needed for me