Wigan squad for Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Warrington

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:08 pm What a game Harry smith is having
Not wrong there, thought he was going to be Rocky Hampshire mk2, Thank god he isn't and long may it last
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Two Warrington players were offside on that kick.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Nothing in that. Halsall hard done to
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Thought Smithies has had a very good game, good in go forward and defence.

Dissapointed we have let up in the last quarter as we will need a full 80 performance next week.

Hoping we are just resting Field although we have done okay without him we look alot more threatening with him

Nice to know we have broke our losing streak at the haliwell Jones.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'm convinced it's pure tactical with Field, job done first half, no need to risk injury with a huge task next weekend.

I agree, it really needs to be an 80 min performance too!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I like what Peet has done so far but christ! Does he ever smile!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Smith MoM, hard to argue with that crafted two good tries and kicked well.
Again a good team performance, O'Neil hasn't yet showed an improvement over Powell but there were glimpses today. For Wire's first try - more Eliis at fault than O'Neill IMHO.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought that was a superb performance. Warrington are not a poor side, but we made them look it. Our forwards battered theirs. I thought that O’Neill showed he has a good running game, and Smith was superb. Peet has created a team with a fantastic style of play, and transformed the forwards’ approach to aggression and making metres after contact.

I don’t know how we’ll go next week, but we have already been and are going to be hugely entertaining this year.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:54 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:52 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:47 pm

If Farrel was from Australia or New Zeland sky would not shut up about how good he is.
He's never been big enough to compete with Australia or New Zealand unfortunately
Yet Bateman managed it?

Talking rubbish.
There are some players who are excellent SL players and then there are those who when you go up a level they can do it. Bateman did it. One of the best was Lockers. Although I am glad he never left Wigan he’d have killed it in the NRL. He always locked a cut above in international’s. In contrast Kevin Sinfield never did. Excellent SL player but that was his level. Faz is in the same bracket as Sinfield. Thay’s not damning him with faint praise as he’d be first name on the team sheet for me but that’s his level.

Anyway back to tonight’s game. Very good performance, No issue with the way it went at then end. Must have an eye on the semi. Great to have some confidence going into that game especially for Smith.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Good win that…… smith my mom followed by faz and smithies……. All lads played well but a tad lazy round the ruck….. ellis especially…… thornley caught out once also but all in all the lads did well…… great yardage by thornley and bibby to relieve the forwards
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE