whos getting a new contract from this lot then

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: whos getting a new contract from this lot then

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:55 pm Powell, Farrell and Havard should be the first ones to be kept. I'd love to keep French BUT as we have retained Field I think we may lose him.

I have a feeling that Havard and KPP may be lost to the NRL.

I'd like us to sign a big powerful centre and would try to bring in Lewis Murphy from Wakefield to play on the wing.
I thought that the club had a one year option on Ethan and KPP?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Havard and KPP both have option for next season on their contracts.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thomas Leuluai - no
Liam Farrell - yes
Jake Bibby - yes I think he’s a decent pro
Ethan Havard- deffo

Bevan French - depends on the rest of the season really - field and French in the same team is a bit of a luxury when we have other positions we need to strengthen - field has committed already

James McDonnell - not seen enough of him which might say something in itself

Sam Powell - no
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 pm Havard and KPP both have option for next season on their contracts.
Zak Hardaker did as well :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

stevo38 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 pm Thomas Leuluai, Liam Farrell, Jake Bibby, Ethan Havard, Bevan French, James McDonnell, Sam Powell.
farrell.ethan havard.defo for me
Tommy - no
Faz - yes
Bibby- no
Havard - yes
French - yes
McDonnell- not sure, depends on his age and what experience he’s getting(loans out)
Powell - no but we all know he will get one
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 pm Havard and KPP both have option for next season on their contracts.
It will depend on if the option is in the clubs or players favour. Also if the players are intending to leave anyway after the 2023 season and we can get a decent fee then it would be better business to let them go and use the money.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Way it read at the time both in our favour.
Not sure getting a fee really does much for us with these two, hard to replace such young talent. I'm pretty sure some four year contracts are signed with a fee in mind and agreed by the club and player before hand that's the case. You would hope they see the benefits of another two three years on increased deals with the team on the up and good coaching seemingly in place, they will get more first team rugby and more chance of winning things but it's down to personal choice.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If this is thread is about who is likely to get a new contract, then of course Powell is going to get a long term one, and I assume Partington will as well. I would be pleasantly surprised if French re-signs, but don’t know what sort of person he is. I get the sense that Havard has always wanted to go to the NRL, so I would activate the option and then plan for ‘24 on the basis he will leave. I would love to keep KPP, as he has an X factor about him. I would be happy if we put him on serious money - while I would love Havard to stay, his skill set is more easily replaced.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I may be confusing myself here - I am not sure KPP is even out of contract. He wasn’t on the list of players I just looked at, in which it says that there is an option for Havard.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »