Saints prediction

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Saints prediction

Post by pedro »

keep partington and isa in the stands to try and keep the penalty count down
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I think we will make to many mistakes and sloppy tackles to win this game.

Wigan 8 v 26 Snakes

Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Gerrumonside wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:55 pm I think we have a good chance and might just edge it. They have Lomax out along with Dodds and we have Ellis back from suspension and we seem to be really tearing into teams at the moment - should be close but fingers crossed we’re in the final!
Ellis has been a liability in defence. He's been making the hard yards well going forwards but his defence has been awful
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 am
Gerrumonside wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:55 pm I think we have a good chance and might just edge it. They have Lomax out along with Dodds and we have Ellis back from suspension and we seem to be really tearing into teams at the moment - should be close but fingers crossed we’re in the final!
Ellis has been a liability in defence. He's been making the hard yards well going forwards but his defence has been awful
Ellis has missed twelve tackles in the eight games he's played and averaged over twenty-six tackles per game!!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Rewriting history there a bit. His defence was awful in one game.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

We need to stop shooting out of the line, especially in the centres, move up and slide in a controlled manner and we should be able to shut down anything they throw at us out wide, we too often see the centre shoot out the line to cut the play down and it leaves us too exposed on the edges
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Flash wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:31 am
Ellis was caught out vs wire because O'Neil made a bad read.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Very regrettably, I believe its Stains to lose!

I think we will put a firm and solid performance in and the win over Wire will help confidence, but also highlighted some shortcomings that wouldn't work V Stains as it did V Wire!

If we can match Stains execution, speed and intensity over the full 80, we might just tipple them!
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:08 am
Flash wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:31 am

Ellis was caught out vs wire because O'Neil made a bad read.
I think o'Neil sometimes overuns the slide and gets caught out on the inside shoulder, he also tends to turn his hips too far when sliding as well
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think we can beat them but we need to be squeaky clean. O'Neil is much quicker passing from the ruck and made a few darting runs in the last match something i feel like he's purposely avoiding to make sure he played 80mins

I noticed our forwards seemed much more confident taking a flat pass from O'Neil at speed which helps us and generally he asks more questions of a defensive line which will help.

He needs to work on his defense for sure but i think he could make a massive difference.

We need points early for me, if we can get a couple of tries in a buffer i think we can hold them off - if they go in first i think we will struggle
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure