V Saints semi final betting

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: V Saints semi final betting

Post by pedro »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:58 pm I must congratulate St Helen as the have produced the most hated player ever LMS
to be fair he wasnt a saints product :)
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I do wonder about the personality of someone who decides that we deserve their lectures on why we are worse than their team - that seems a bit sad and insecure to me - but I agree with saint that we are far behind them. And that will last this year and next year. The games themselves are the products of all the coaching, conditioning and recruitment over the months before hand. My sense is that Peet realises this. If we aren’t working harder than them today and every day we won’t be beating them regularly in 2024. We can forget being a better team before then, but we can hope that by then we will be.

Of the 3 games later this year, I imagine the semi will go the same way. We have a go, we burn ourselves out, they get 3 scores up and it’s all going through the motions, Magic bothers me as they may decide to put on a show on a bigger stage, and keep hammering us. They could put a huge score on us.

They may already have 2 trophies in the bag by the time they come to us at the end of the season. That’s by far our best chance of giving at least some of the squad a novel taste of victory. I am optimistic that there will come a time in my lifetime when we are at least level, and maybe even stronger, and I think that an intelligent and hungry coach like Peet may get us there, I would feel much more confident if we had a better CEO, but he may grow into the role. In the meantime, there are plenty of other games to enjoy along the way.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:55 pm I do wonder about the personality of someone who decides that we deserve their lectures on why we are worse than their team - that seems a bit sad and insecure to me - but I agree with saint that we are far behind them. And that will last this year and next year. The games themselves are the products of all the coaching, conditioning and recruitment over the months before hand. My sense is that Peet realises this. If we aren’t working harder than them today and every day we won’t be beating them regularly in 2024. We can forget being a better team before then, but we can hope that by then we will be.

Of the 3 games later this year, I imagine the semi will go the same way. We have a go, we burn ourselves out, they get 3 scores up and it’s all going through the motions, Magic bothers me as they may decide to put on a show on a bigger stage, and keep hammering us. They could put a huge score on us.

They may already have 2 trophies in the bag by the time they come to us at the end of the season. That’s by far our best chance of giving at least some of the squad a novel taste of victory. I am optimistic that there will come a time in my lifetime when we are at least level, and maybe even stronger, and I think that an intelligent and hungry coach like Peet may get us there, I would feel much more confident if we had a better CEO, but he may grow into the role. In the meantime, there are plenty of other games to enjoy along the way.
Same here. The reaction of some Sts posters on RedVee to what is harmlees banter from NSDU and other Wigan fans who post on that forum is fairly hysterical.

At the moment, they may have a better team than us but they do have less classy supporters
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:55 pm I do wonder about the personality of someone who decides that we deserve their lectures on why we are worse than their team - that seems a bit sad and insecure to me - but I agree with saint that we are far behind them. And that will last this year and next year. The games themselves are the products of all the coaching, conditioning and recruitment over the months before hand. My sense is that Peet realises this. If we aren’t working harder than them today and every day we won’t be beating them regularly in 2024. We can forget being a better team before then, but we can hope that by then we will be.

You hope that we will be level in your lifetime? What do you mean?

We have loads more of everything than them. Unless you mean winning the comp again. If so I can see that coming in the next 2 years , so unless you’ve only been given 5 months to live I think you’ll be ok.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Are joking with that sentence?? I’ve never seen you post anything optimistic 😉🤣🤣
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:10 pm
Welski wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:51 pm Wigan 12 point start….any thoughts from those that enjoy that sort of thing😉?
I've never seen a poor bookmaker and have no intention of contributing to their wealth. btw I think we'll win the semi final.
Never in doubt 🙂🙂