Cade Cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Cade Cust

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:46 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:42 pm Reminds me of Blake Green.
Yep very similar great player not flashy but does everything well
Said that several times on here after his second game for us

And yes to all of the above 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:38 pm I was going to make the same sort of thread. He's becoming a very handy half back for us. Not afraid to put his head in in defence or attack either. Wasn't too keen on the way he was screaming at the referee (even if he was in the right) but when we were on the back foot he was still one of the players really attacking the ball carrier.
Easy to forget he’s still only 23 and maybe has some learning to do in that respect but still I’d rather see that passion

Still can’t work out where his future is - he’s a good half back - this he’s make a good hooker or loose forward
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:45 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:38 pm I was going to make the same sort of thread. He's becoming a very handy half back for us. Not afraid to put his head in in defence or attack either. Wasn't too keen on the way he was screaming at the referee (even if he was in the right) but when we were on the back foot he was still one of the players really attacking the ball carrier.
Easy to forget he’s still only 23 and maybe has some learning to do in that respect but still I’d rather see that passion

Still can’t work out where his future is - he’s a good half back - this he’s make a good hooker or loose forward
That’s what you’d like, leave him alone!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

His best game for us today ,getting better week by week ,does alot of work unseen.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Improving with every game. Can't ask for more than that.

Also winner of the "I look older than my age" title 2022 :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:47 pm

That’s what you’d like, leave him alone!
???
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Both half backs played well today. The kicking game was great from both.

If Tommy is fit by seasons end he needs to be the bench no 9 if these two keep improving as they have been.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Are you suggesting Cust may make a good loose forward?

On what basis?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leave him where he is with Smith, both doing a fine job
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:37 pm Leave him where he is with Smith, both doing a fine job
That’s what I would like, think they, Cust & Smith have a great rapport between them.

The players who are due back whether from injury or suspension should be made to earn their place back, not just walk back into the team IMO