Wigan vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan vs Saints

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:20 pm Why do we put shorrocks on at hooker he can’t pass a ball
Probably trying to give O’Neil a rest and not expose him too much and there is no other choice? That’s probably the reasoning.

Not saying I agree with it and as it looks like O’Neil will be the 9 for the final I’d hope Peet would make his subs based on what he sees on the pitch and if that means Shorrocks does actually get on the pitch so be it.

Maybe by the time of final Peet will have enough confidence not to have Shorrocks on the bench as back up.

Great situation to be in, speculating on the lineup for a final! :D
P3108

Post by P3108 »

I have 4 tickets for sale for the CCF. Block 503, Row 1, Seats 133-136. Two child tickets and two adult tickets. This is front row of second tier around 40m line. Face value including fees is £124 and is all I would ask as I cannot go due to a family holiday but bought these last August.

You can check the view from these seats out here https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/tottenham/. They're pretty good seats!

Let me know if you are interested.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:36 pm
Suzieb wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:57 pm Do you know anything about rugby,our attack was very poor with shorrocks at dummy half.
No just been bored for last 55 years watching wigan helped take it away. Seriously tho Do you.
Seems you never have anything positive to say even after a fantastic win. Just in case you're not aware WE DID WIN
Couldn't agree more. C'mon lets stop carping. I've just had the best afternoon watching the Warriors for many years and some people still can't resist moaning. I genuinely don't care whether St Helens played well or poorly, or whether some of our guys had better games than others. What I saw was a team that wanted it badly and was prepared to put everything out there for the win. Fantastic effort!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:47 pm
Suzieb wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:57 pm Do you know anything about rugby,our attack was very poor with shorrocks at dummy half.
No just been bored for last 55 years watching wigan helped take it away. Seriously tho Do you.
Seems you never have anything positive to say even after a fantastic win. Just in case you're not aware WE DID WIN
Couldn't agree more. C'mon lets stop carping. I've just had the best afternoon watching the Warriors for many years and some people still can't resist moaning. I genuinely don't care whether St Helens played well or poorly, or whether some of our guys had better games than others. What I saw was a team that wanted it badly and was prepared to put everything out there for the win. Fantastic effort!
It was I to have had best day for along time watched grandson in under 16s england lions trials at leigh on to Leeds watched second half of womans final then 2 semis out having a few drinks in Leeds celebrating staying. Not bad for someone who knows nothing about game hey
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:40 pm So the folly of letting fages go comes back to bite saints on the bum..
I said exactly the same on the drive home
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:47 pm
I too had a brilliant afternoon at Elland Road even if it is a dump! The atmosphere was banging in the Wigan end, just a brilliant day. Said at half time we are in the lead but there is a helluva long way to go & I was right.

Just before the last
try with Sts attacking my mates were both saying they’ll, Sts, score here they’ll score, I shouted back the effing won’t! Next thing dropped ball Marshy picked it up & away he went! Was running up the line with him 😂 & when he scored my heart rate on my watch read 187 😂😂

Well done Wigan, commiserations Sts but what a game? 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Post by PJC »

I cannot believe Suzieb s negativity after such an exciting game. I wonder what she would have written had we lost
PJC

Post by PJC »

….to add to that we’ve seen 3 excellent games on the run. Admittedly there have been some errors but seeing a team develop is rewarding in itself
valentino

Post by valentino »

That was a proper semi,just what a semi-final should be not high scoring runaways.Made me sweat though.
KR15

Post by KR15 »

PJC wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:41 pm I cannot believe Suzieb s negativity after such an exciting game. I wonder what she would have written had we lost
She's correct though. Or are we only allowed to comment on obvious weaknesses if we lose?