What do we do on Thursday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

What do we do on Thursday?

Post by southportcdm »

Thursday's game against our cup final opponents presents some interesting questions for the coaching staff:

1) Do we go full out and try to get the upper hand for the final or do we rest a few and try to keep something in hand?

2) If we're going to rest anybody do we do it this week or next?

3) With the injuries/suspensions to KPP, Tommy and Sam (plus the loss of Zak) the squad is looking a bit thin. We only Halsall, MIski, Isa and Partington on standby who I think would be considered to play in the final. Do we make certain that MIski and Halsall get a game before the final to give someone else a rest or just in case they have to play at spurs?

4) Do O'Neill, Bevan and Thornley need game time to such an extent that we have to risk them in both matches?
Suzieb

Re: What do we do on Thursday?

Post by Suzieb »

You should always play your strongest team.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:00 am You should always play your strongest team.
Exactly!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I guess both teams will be suffering a hangover from Saturday...I'd rest Field as he didn't look 100%.
The rest would depend on injuries/knocks and fatigue.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:07 am I guess both teams will be suffering a hangover from Saturday...I'd rest Field as he didn't look 100%.
Field was poorly during the week & I agree he may need a rest as he has been phenomenal so far. Smithies got a bang on his back/side during the game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:13 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:07 am I guess both teams will be suffering a hangover from Saturday...I'd rest Field as he didn't look 100%.
Field was poorly during the week & I agree he may need a rest as he has been phenomenal so far. Smithies got a bang on his back/side during the game.
Looked in quite a bit of pain did Smithies when he came off (interchanges were right by me!)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If they're fit play them and keep momentum going but Field maybe looked a little washed out so maybe rest him Thursday
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:00 am You should always play your strongest team.
Couldn’t be more wrong.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
doc

Post by doc »

Go full strength and batter them to get the psychological edge going into the final.
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:43 pm
Couldn’t be more wrong.
hes not, saints have suffered since they rested their team at easter, we havent, keeps the momentum going and fitness levels at peak