Not a rumour anymore!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Bibby

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Offered a contract by Huddersfield.
widdenoldboy

Re: Bibby

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:57 am Offered a contract by Huddersfield.
Hmm, naughty. Can we put in an offer for Pryce in a player exchange?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I see Jake a a good, solid but not exceptional player who the club would like to keep if we don't have to pay him top wages. If the Giants are offering big money you couldn't blame him for taking the offer and returning to a coach that he's worked with before. I wouldn't want to lose him if we don't have a better replacement in mind. Halsall has a lot of potential but Peet clearly prefers Bibby at present. I wouldn't want to start next season with Halsall and Thornley as our first choice centres.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Be a shame. During Lams tenure he was one of very few players who preformed well he's still finding his feet this year but puts In a shift. It's a shame that people only remember the pass he missed rather than the breaks while we are in our own half.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No surprise really with Watson being at Huddersfield,they’re perfectly entitled to offer a gig to him,he’s a decent player but as ever people only remember his mistakes I’d try and keep him but that’s me.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:42 pm Be a shame. During Lams tenure he was one of very few players who preformed well he's still finding his feet this year but puts In a shift. It's a shame that people only remember the pass he missed rather than the breaks while we are in our own half.
Exactly! I’d definitely be sorry to see him leave he’s an excellent squad player. They can’t all be superstars or ordinary players on marquee money!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:03 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:42 pm Be a shame. During Lams tenure he was one of very few players who preformed well he's still finding his feet this year but puts In a shift. It's a shame that people only remember the pass he missed rather than the breaks while we are in our own half.
Exactly! I’d definitely be sorry to see him leave he’s an excellent squad player. They can’t all be superstars or ordinary players on marquee money!!
This is where the cap management gets difficult. He aint a superstar, so not likely to be on mega bucks, but he's virtually not missed a game since he moved to Wigan so very resilient. Is he the best centre / wing in the game, no but a versatile player who has turned up week in week out

For arguements sake (i dont have any inside info) if Wigan have offered him 70k and Hudds offer him 100k, he'd be stupid not to at least think about it, as its a short career, and RL players are never going to be millionaires. There is also the fact he's played for Ian Watson too, so that may influence any decision he makes. He may have slightly more chance of winning medals at Wigan, but he also has to think about his financial security
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Big fan of Bibby. Doesn't do a lot wrong and has a knack of scoring when he plays on the wing. Certainly the sort of player we need in the squad especially as we are short of centres and wingers.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Probably comes down to Wigans offer. Are they paying him as a starting player or a fringe utility player?

His best games for us have been on the wing but he is terrible under the high ball. Peet doesn’t fancy him there and Marshall, French are ahead of him.

At centre he’s 50/50. Sometimes has very poor games, other times good and then goes and puts in excellent performances like the ones against Saints.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:16 am Probably comes down to Wigans offer. Are they paying him as a starting player or a fringe utility player?

His best games for us have been on the wing but he is terrible under the high ball. Peet doesn’t fancy him there and Marshall, French are ahead of him.

At centre he’s 50/50. Sometimes has very poor games, other times good and then goes and puts in excellent performances like the ones against Saints.
I don't want to go overboard on one moment, but his involvement in the first try was outstanding in my eyes. Something we don't really see from him much, but the turn of pace to the outside and then the very neat offload to Marshall was just brilliantly executed. I'd love to see more of those types of play from him