French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

French

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Is it just me or does he look very short of fitness and confidence?
widdenoldboy

Re: French

Post by widdenoldboy »

No
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am Is it just me or does he look very short of fitness and confidence?
Not just you we said the same thing,he's missing that for want of a better word something
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:11 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am Is it just me or does he look very short of fitness and confidence?
Not just you we said the same thing,he's missing that for want of a better word something
He's lost a spark. He doesn't have any urgency. Their was one point near the end, they knocked the ball on in our half while we were one score down and the ball virtually fell to him. An in form and confident French would have tried to launch some sort of counter attack from deep having the advantage, but he didn't even try and get the ball and pointed to take the knock on. Didn't sit right with me that. He's the type of player who should be looking for those breaks in play.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think you will see him go up a few gears at Spurs. He is desperate to play in the final and that can play on a player's mind.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:22 am I think you will see him go up a few gears at Spurs. He is desperate to play in the final and that can play on a player's mind.
I do really hope that is the case
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So do I. What's the betting they'll be replaying that footage of Saints' last-minute winner in the build-up?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:15 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:11 am
He's lost a spark. He doesn't have any urgency. Their was one point near the end, they knocked the ball on in our half while we were one score down and the ball virtually fell to him. An in form and confident French would have tried to launch some sort of counter attack from deep having the advantage, but he didn't even try and get the ball and pointed to take the knock on. Didn't sit right with me that. He's the type of player who should be looking for those breaks in play.
That’s unfair.

We were pinned deep in our own half, swarmed by the defence and he didn’t even have the ball, he pointed because there was no advantage.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Don’t forget, he is still not up to full fitness.

The players always comment on how important a pre season training is, even if some don’t like it, to get a full one in at the start.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:59 am Don’t forget, he is still not up to full fitness.

The players always comment on how important a pre season training is, even if some don’t like it, to get a full one in at the start.
This is fair comment,he’s doesn’t seem to have that energy he normally shows so yes perhaps his fitness isn’t what it should be,maybe give him a couple of weeks out pure training after the cup final is the answer?