Catalans Dragons forward pair attracting interest from rival Super League clubs for 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Catalans Dragons forward pair attracting interest from rival Super League clubs for 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Two of the most well-known props in the competition have suitors in England.

Catalans duo Gil Dudson and Sam Kasiano are attracting interest from Super League clubs in England as they near the end of their respective contracts with the Dragons. Dudson and Kasiano have both been mainstays of a Catalans pack that have emerged as a major force under Steve McNamara in recent years.

However, they are both out of contract at the end of the coming season and while Rugby League Live understands Catalans are keen to retain the services of both, they are also receiving expressions of interest from clubs in England about a switch across the Channel in 2023.

Rugby League Live has learned that Warrington Wolves are among the clubs who have looked at both Dudson and Kasiano as potential additions for their pack in 2023, with other clubs also monitoring the duo's availability. The Wolves have struggled for depth and punch in their pack this season, and are believed to prioritising their front row as a major area of improvement for their recruitment moving forwards.

The Wolves are the only current club in Super League with availability on their overseas quota too, and while any potential move for Kasiano would not be until next season, the space on their quota removes a major headache some clubs will have to juggle with when balancing their recruitment and retention for 2023.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-23917558
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shevvylad

Re: Catalans Dragons forward pair attracting interest from rival Super League clubs for 2023

Post by Shevvylad »

A has-been and a never-was for me I'm afraid....

Respect to both players, in fact anyone who takes to a RL pitch has my respect (certain refs apart), but I hope that we are not in the business of signing or re-signing either of these two
southportcdm

Re: Catalans Dragons forward pair attracting interest from rival Super League clubs for 2023

Post by southportcdm »

I hope Warrington sign them both. We shouldn't be interested. If we had both Mago and big Sam in the team the other two props would have to play 60 mins each game.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

To be fair, both played well tonight, in fact big Sam was excellent. Perhaps they were playing for a job at wire next season.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think Kasiano is a superb impact prop, has a similar style to Mago (who for me, ticks many boxes)! If had to choose, id certainly retain Mago!

I think Dudson has got better with maturity, both SL quality and can see why other clubs have interest, put simply though, both are just just not needed at Wigan.