Kaide Ellis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boggart

Kaide Ellis

Post by boggart »

Another ban. Is he worth it? He, plus Mago, hardly turned up against Huddersfield. There's no point being a tough guy if its only round Wiggin of a Satdy neet and you never play.
Caboosegg

Re: Kaide Ellis

Post by Caboosegg »

So how have saints players avoided the bans for their high tackles over the last few weeks but wigan players cop a ban?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Kaide gets a week off and is fresh for the final - I can't recall the incident but then again, Astley faced a charge for this game as well!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Case Number:
ON/866/22

Kaide Ellis #15, Wigan
Competition:
Super League

Match:
Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors

Match Date:
2022-05-12

Incident:
High Tackle

Decision:
Charge

Charge Detail:
Law 15.1 (b)

High Tackle – tried to tackle but reckless about outcome

Grade B

Sanctions:
1 Match Penalty Notice
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:02 pm So how have saints players avoided the bans for their high tackles over the last few weeks but wigan players cop a ban?
You mean like Hurrell being given only a caution for trying (and succeeding in) flattening Field and Bell on Friday managing to get nothing for the closest thing to a spear tackle I've seen for a while.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Didnt one of there players lead with the elbow v hull? I remember thinking they will defo get at least two hefty bans after that match
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And then this as well from a saints player!!
St Helens’ James Bell was sent to the sinbin in Saints’ win over Hull FC on Friday night for a spear tackle, with many believing he would be subsequently banned.

However, despite the detail of allegation stating: “Dangerous Tackle – As Hull FC are attacking the St Helen’s #20 comes in to make a tackle and lifts the legs of an opponent and places him in a dangerous position,” Bell was not charged due to the Match Review Panel’s reasoning of: “Opponent is not lifted into a dangerous position.”
You can’t make this lot up!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

If Bell played for Wigan he'd have got 5 matches ,simple.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

At least Kaide didn't get banned for an offence in the Hull FC game Saturday.
Looking at the performance of the dis comm this year I'm pretty convinced they'll ban one of our players out of the Final.
Bringing the game into disrepute doesn't come close to what the dis comm people have been up to this season. An utter disgrace.
They need a complete review from top to bottom.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:06 pm Didnt one of there players lead with the elbow v hull? I remember thinking they will defo get at least two hefty bans after that match
Indeed he did,shameful and shambolic from the muppets in charge,gone from one extreme to the other only,it seems to me,because of name calling about the length of bans..simply not fit for purpose at present.