Paul Vaughan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Paul Vaughan

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Rumours are we are "interested"

Is one of our overseas homesick? Is his agent using the Wigan link for more money?
Paul Vaughan, meanwhile, has been linked with a move to Wigan Warriors.

“Paul Vaughan is another guy who doesn’t have a contract at the end of this year. Again, he doesn’t have a place to go in the NRL and Wigan is looking at him so he may be in the Super League next year alongside Matt Dufty. A bloke playing good football and he’d thrive over there.”
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ire-53178/
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Re: Paul Vaughan

Post by josie andrews »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:02 pm Rumours are we are "interested"

Is one of our overseas homesick? Is his agent using the Wigan link for more money?
Paul Vaughan, meanwhile, has been linked with a move to Wigan Warriors.

Paul Vaughan is another guy who doesn’t have a contract at the end of this year. Again, he doesn’t have a place to go in the NRL and Wigan is looking at him so he may be in the Super League next year alongside Matt Dufty. A bloke playing good football and he’d thrive over there.”
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ire-53178/
He’s 31! I’d prefer us to go for someone a bit younger. Wire are looking at him too.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Paul Vaughan = the new Craig Smith, vastly experienced NRL prop at the correct age for a two/three year contract?

Definitely interested (depending on who departs).
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Very good prop vaughan…… defo be happy with him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He is a good prop but he has had many issues in the past, Wigan seem to be moving away from such players.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:49 pm He is a good prop but he has had many issues in the past, Wigan seem to be moving away from such players.
He’d be alright. He can’t party if all his mates are over in Australia
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Big strong and aggressive,at 31 he,s in his prime,i hope he signs i would love him at Wigan.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

blindsideprop wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:22 am Big strong and aggressive,at 31 he,s in his prime,i hope he signs i would love him at Wigan.
Agreed. Been playing origin the last two years as well, shows how good he is.
31 for a prop isn’t that bad
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am pleased someone mentioned Craig Smith - he was rock hard, a proper old school prop.
Vaughan would be a great signing, he is top top class. I assume we will be losing French, Leuluai and Isa, so assume that leaves us with quota space for him... Honestly, one more massive unit and this squad would be ready to go toe to toe with Saints.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:54 pm I am pleased someone mentioned Craig Smith - he was rock hard, a proper old school prop.
Vaughan would be a great signing, he is top top class. I assume we will be losing French, Leuluai and Isa, so assume that leaves us with quota space for him... Honestly, one more massive unit and this squad would be ready to go toe to toe with Saints.
Isa has just extended for 2 years
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan