Maurice Lindsay

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lazy J

Re: Maurice Lindsay

Post by Lazy J »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:26 am Recently, Kris Radlinski travelled to meet Maurice Lindsay at his home in Lytham St Annes, to chat about his memories of his time at Wigan and in the sport of Rugby League. The interview was to be used as part of our 150th-year celebrations, but following today's sad news, it seemed appropriate to share.

https://tv.wiganwarriors.com/tv?playlis ... JyZg%3D%3D

Hope it plays for those who haven’t got Wigan TV 😊
its now on the general website

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/05/ ... e-lindsay/
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Nate90

Post by Nate90 »

Rest in peace Maurice. Our thoughts are with your friends and family. What a legacy you left at Wigan and Rugby League in general.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Rip maurice Definately gave his all to put wigan on top of the world
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Sad, very sad.

What a leader.
endoman

Post by endoman »

We wouldn't have the memories without him. RIP Maurice. Great interview by Rads,.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

That unforgettable night in 1987 against Manly sums up Maurice's influence on the club and the game in general.

Persuading Manly to come, selling TV rights, the magnificent, intimidating entry of the team onto the pitch, the atmosphere from a 37,000+ crowd and the match itself. Every bit of it was down to Uncle Mo.

Met him at the 30th Anniversary dinner in 2017 and I just said "Thank you".
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

RIP Maurice.
His legacy to Wigan Rugby League and the sport will never be forgotten.
He changed our club and the sport for the better and forever.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A visionary. The last time I met Maurice was prior to our most recent GF victory over Wire. He had been invited into the Wigan changing room after our semi-final triumph, I asked him how he thought the final would go. Twenty minutes after talking rugby, and everything else under the sun, he told me to put my mortgage on Wigan as he had witnessed the same mentality amongst the players that he saw in our glory days. He was right, sadly I didn’t put my mortgage on us but I did win a tidy sum.

Maurice had time for everyone, he was Wigan through and through. Thanks for all the great memories Chairman Mo. Wouldn’t it be fitting for Wigan to win the Challenge Cup in 20022. RIP.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I had a good chat with Maurice when he was down at Lingfield races and we were just in the process of signing Stuart Fielden. Really nice guy.

He turned Wigan and the sport of RL around. We would still be part time playing in the mud without him.

Apparently John Monie said 'he's not just the best administrator in Britain, he's the only one' - and I think when it came down to someone who had a vision of how the sport could develop and actually made it happen that is very true.

We could do with someone similar now.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

R.I.P. Maurice. We owe you so much. You brought us back from the depths and helped create so many happy memories for those of us lucky enough to be supporting Wigan during the years that you were leading the club.