Mason Lino

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Mason Lino

Post by Caboosegg »

What would signing Lino mean though.

We have Cust and Smith and TL currently with French and Field as back up in halves in a stitch.

Lino from what I've seen is to good not to be regular so it would involve losing Cust as I imagine Smith will be round a while still.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
endoman

Post by endoman »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:39 pm Lino is a good player who goes under the radar perhaps he wod be a solid enough signing that's for sure for any team
Where would we play him?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

endoman wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:39 pm Lino is a good player who goes under the radar perhaps he wod be a solid enough signing that's for sure for any team
Where would we play him?
I didn't say wigan should sign him through he is a fine player though
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think whatever plans that may have been talked about will be changed if the young ones keep up this development which is great to see.
Smith.... added bonus he's looking like he can kick goals. He played the link last night very well and made it look easy both himself and Cust look pretty comfortable doing that and with Fields running threat plus last night his passing game I'm not sure another first choice half is needed all are signed up for another couple of seasons so that's settled period for us . With good line runners in Batty Faz and Thornley my priority would be a top centre and depending on Bevan staying that could change what else is needed. I want to see Halsall given a go in the centre as well he's definitely put some size on and keeps popping his head through the line he's also very good in the air so he could be an answer over next few years for one spot.
O'neil looked pretty good last night played all of the game. He shot the line I thought for their first try but he's sharp passes mean he hasn't lost us anything in attack he only scooted twice but for 30m so as his fitness improves that's another plus to his game. He also knocked out 40 plus tackles. Smithies always forget how young he is, he has also improved massively this season again he's started being involved more in the set plays and his all round game is improved. Havard and Byrne are looking comfortable now at SL level all these lads are improving fast for me. I'm sure the culture and coaching is allowing this so at this point I'm more than happy with the start.
A little add on looking back a few years if you had told me Wire would get Williams and we would get Briers and that we would have got the better half of the deal then I would have laughed. I'm laughing more now! It's great to see some quality rugby and I do believe he's stamp his on a lot of it.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Lino was signed on a three year contract in 2020 if we was to sign him it would need a fee. Seeing both us and Trin didn't go for that with Miller, I can't see us doing it with Lino and I'm not sure we will need him. Dependant on Tommy, Bevan and how Smith continues to develop a utility type signing may be way to go like Ratchford for example to cover half full back goal kicking and so on.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors reportedly linked with Super League playmaker

Wigan Warriors have been doing a lot right in the past 12 months.

They brought in a completely new coaching staff with Matty Peet, Sean O’Loughlin, Lee Briers and Shaun Wane heading a fearsome foursome whilst recruitment has also been spot on.

The likes of Patrick Mago, Kaide Ellis and Cade Cust have settled in seamlessly at the DW Stadium and bought into exactly what Peet and his staff are building at Wigan.

And, with May 1st now passed – which is when those players out of contract can now talk to other clubs – recruitment is a major drive ahead of 2023.

Sky Sports analyst Jon Wells talked about Wigan and their hunt for a potential new playmaker with Tommy Leuluai perhaps retiring at the end of the season.

Mason Lino has been linked with Wigan, Tom Johnstone seems to be mentioned as a potential departee every year,” Wells said on Sky Sports.

“May 1st is a bid deal as it’s when off-contract players can talk to other clubs.”

In Lino, Wigan would have a terrific ball-player as well as a devastating runner of the ball in their ranks – and he can kick goals from anywhere too.

Of course, young Harry Smith is turning into a tremendous talent but perhaps a steadier head would be needed for the majority of games going forward until Smith takes over the reins.

Lino, however, is still a Wakefield player at present.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ker-53228/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I do hope not.
LIno was poor when we played Wakey at their place. Farrell just ran straight through him.
We have Cust, Smith and Tommy.
Lino's just not good enough.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:01 pm I do hope not.
LIno was poor when we played Wakey at their place. Farrell just ran straight through him.
Tommy possibly retiring, leaves us Cust and Smith, wouldn't say no to Lino on that basis.

All went quiet with the Jacob Miller interest it looks like he's now off to Cas.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 pm
Tommy possibly retiring, leaves us Cust and Smith, wouldn't say no to Lino on that basis.

All went quiet with the Jacob Miller interest it looks like he's now off to Cas.
would have him over Miller all day
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:34 pm

Castleford have confirmed the signing of Miller https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=8320