Paul Vaughan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
w.thomas

Re: Paul Vaughan

Post by w.thomas »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:12 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:54 pm I am pleased someone mentioned Craig Smith - he was rock hard, a proper old school prop.
Vaughan would be a great signing, he is top top class. I assume we will be losing French, Leuluai and Isa, so assume that leaves us with quota space for him... Honestly, one more massive unit and this squad would be ready to go toe to toe with Saints.
Isa has just extended for 2 years
I hope this is a very late April fools joke. Why do we continue to keep players that should be moved on. We have about 57 better second rowers at the club. Good pro and a good person but one I would be moving on.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

w.thomas wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:09 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:54 pm I am pleased someone mentioned Craig Smith - he was rock hard, a proper old school prop.
Vaughan would be a great signing, he is top top class. I assume we will be losing French, Leuluai and Isa, so assume that leaves us with quota space for him... Honestly, one more massive unit and this squad would be ready to go toe to toe with Saints.
I hope this is a very late April fools joke. Why do we continue to keep players that should be moved on. We have about 57 better second rowers at the club. Good pro and a good person but one I would be moving on.
last season
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

w.thomas wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:09 pm
We have about 57 better second rowers at the club. Good pro and a good person but one I would be moving on.
I said the same when we announced a new deal. One year I can to an extent understand - but a two year deal sums up the retention/recruitment issues the club has

Would Mo and the gang of four kept him on? It would have been like keeping Brian Dunn and not signing Andy Goodway

And before you start, I know we are in a salary capped sport hence why recruitment/retention has to be right or we end up with too many back rows and overseas spots wasted on players not good enough for the first team
Back by demand.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:25 pm Paul Vaughan = the new Craig Smith, vastly experienced NRL prop at the correct age for a two/three year contract?

Definitely interested (depending on who departs).
He's a big lump of a lad too. Six foot four and over 17 stone is one helluva prop!
Back by demand.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

I’d be all in for him. Played origin one of bulldogs better players this year. His level is a top 6-8 nrl club. His attitude however needs working on and I think we can help him with that with the right people around him.