Kai Pearce Paul

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Kai Pearce Paul

Post by pedro »

hes going no where if the club say so as hes contracted until the end of 2023 aint he?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Sadly, I don't believe having a 2023 contract will carry much weight, merely Kai's desire to stay or test himself in the NRL.

I'm sure a clause in his contract, a generous 'compensation fee' as well as transfer fee and a line used similar to 'Kai is unsettled or wishes to test himself down under' etc will help with his departure!

Tricky one, the lad is good enough and you cant blame young players for wanting to earn a few bob! Personally, I think a year of two of further SL experience wont hinder his chances.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 pm Its maybe odd that Wigan is the club the NRL looks to the most - not always the top SL club over the years.
Probably because we have been so "welcoming" to the Aussie interest and probably even courted it with the intention of re-recruiting upon their return
Back by demand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:04 pm hes going no where if the club say so as hes contracted until the end of 2023 aint he?
But will they? Time to stand up and be counted.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 pm Its maybe odd that Wigan is the club the NRL looks to the most - not always the top SL club over the years.
And we haven't been the top SL club over the last 10 years or so because we allow our best players to leave for the NRL without much of a fight and then resign them a few years down the line when they are a shadow of their former selves
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sam Walker, Reece Walsh, Jayden Campbell aren't exactly big guys. If you're good enough...
stevo38

kpp

Post by stevo38 »

according to wayne bennett newcastle have secured him from next season on
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Not at all concerned if I'm honest.

Massively unproven and will probably get hammered in Oz.

I just hope we don't open the door to him when he inevitably comes back with his tail between his legs.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

What would annoy me would be if he did a Gildart and basically stopped playing for us once his NRL contract has been signed. Which wouldn’t even be in his own interests - with Gildart struggling over there, we can look back on his disinterest in the last couple of years before he left us.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am Not at all concerned if I'm honest.

Massively unproven and will probably get hammered in Oz.

I just hope we don't open the door to him when he inevitably comes back with his tail between his legs.
+1