Ratchford / Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Ratchford / Charnley

Post by josie andrews »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:13 pm We have Miski on our overseas quota that cannot get a wing spot. Why should the club waste salary cap on another winger?

Club needs to make sure its spine is right and then look at its centres - who (if rumours are correct) see KPP/Bibby leave and with Zak already gone SERIOUSLY requires looking at - and not signing makeshifts or playing Farrell and or Bateman there
This!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:13 pm We have Miski on our overseas quota that cannot get a wing spot. Why should the club waste salary cap on another winger?

Club needs to make sure its spine is right and then look at its centres - who (if rumours are correct) see KPP/Bibby leave and with Zak already gone SERIOUSLY requires looking at - and not signing makeshifts or playing Farrell and or Bateman there
To me Miski was a panic signing as there was question marks over Field and French at the start of the season if they'd return.
Even when Marshall was injured we didn't have the confidence to play him.
We had the same problem when we had Mitch Clark under Lam.
Just makes recruiting harder when we are looking at spine players
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

apparantly charnley been paid up by wire and gone
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan will step up the attempts to sign Ratchford in the next week or so (after the cup final) He didn't rebuff our initial approach to gauge interest in a move.

I personally cant see us signing him, but we will try as we see him as perfect cover for halves/center. Especially seen as we are losing/lost Zak/Bibby/KPP & Potentially French/Leuluai.

I'm led to believe Havard & Halsall will sign improved contracts at the end of the season.

Wigan are also keeping tabs on Mike Coopers situation.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:54 pm Wigan will step up the attempts to sign Ratchford in the next week or so (after the cup final) He didn't rebuff our initial approach to gauge interest in a move.

I personally cant see us signing him, but we will try as we see him as perfect cover for halves/center. Especially seen as we are losing/lost Zak/Bibby/KPP & Potentially French/Leuluai.

I'm led to believe Havard & Halsall will sign improved contracts at the end of the season.

you mean sign him for this season dan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:54 pm Wigan will step up the attempts to sign Ratchford in the next week or so (after the cup final) He didn't rebuff our initial approach to gauge interest in a move.

you mean sign him for this season dan?
Ratchford for 2023,

Cooper we are monitoring his contractual situation with Wire with a view to potentially making him an offer for 2023. We have asked to be kept informed on any developments and offers he may receive. As of the end of last week, Wire had not offered him terms

I would be surprised if anyone came into Wigan immediately, But I honestly do not know if anything is being worked on for this season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ratchford for me makes a.lot of sense,Cooper perhaps less so
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:22 pm Ratchford for me makes a.lot of sense,Cooper perhaps less so
Totally with you on that one, although I imagine we are monitoring a lot of players situations, these are just ones I have heard about.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:22 pm Ratchford for me makes a.lot of sense,Cooper perhaps less so
Totally with you on that one, although I imagine we are monitoring a lot of players situations, these are just ones I have heard about.
I’d have Cooper & Amor for a season 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Offer George a contract at half price as he is half the player he was made out to be and who knows he may eventually win some cups