Discounted tickets for final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Discounted tickets for final

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

RFL have been giving tickets away for free or heavily discounted this morning if you use code Good100 . I got 3 x £55 tickets in the Wigan end for £70 instead of £165 . Pretty poor from RFL after selling tickets to supporters at full price . People on social media going mental . Think the code has been removed

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Re: Discounted tickets for final

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t do FB only first thing on match days, but was notified of this early this morning!

This was my reply then & I still stand by it and it will happen for the World Cup too!
It’s bloody crazy the RFL are ruining the sport for the want of playing in a stadium far too big for RL but for football is okay, it’s the National sport here!
They also forget that our sport, through themselves mainly, lack of promoting the game etc, is not as popular as it once was. The sports being promoted by Sky & terrestrial tv shows that. Bloody netball?? X
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So in hard times the sport shits on the loyal fans who’ve already shelled out for a very expensive day out,you couldn’t make it up certainly not the clubs fault but it’s time to realise when clear;y there’s not going to be a big crowd at the final to bring it north and cut some of the cost down for people.

I don’t want hear the usual “it’ll get a crowd in” nonsense stop renting out stadiums the sport has no chance of filling it’s that simple,the challenge cup isn’t the draw it once was and it’s time to wake up and smell the roses.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm So in hard times the sport shits on the loyal fans who’ve already shelled out for a very expensive day out,you couldn’t make it up certainly not the clubs fault but it’s time to realise when clear;y there’s not going to be a big crowd at the final to bring it north and cut some of the cost down for people.

I don’t want hear the usual “it’ll get a crowd in” nonsense stop renting out stadiums the sport has no chance of filling it’s that simple,the challenge cup isn’t the draw it once was and it’s time to wake up and smell the roses.
It needs bringing back up here, majority of southerners don’t even know about RL unless you’re a convert from Union!

£50 for coach travel! 2 adults & 2 kids who can afford £200 just to get there plus tickets for the game & then outrageous London prices for everything else. Bloody crazy IMO

We used to go to every final even when Wigan weren’t playing. You don’t get that these days with supporters of our game.

Mind you after the reopening of Wembley Sts v Catalan I said then that was the last final I was going to unless Wigan were in it. Majority of people must think the same now!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I queued up the Monday after the semi final victory and bought Category 1 tickets and coach travel. Have I missed the bargain of a lifetime :lol:. Suppose all I can say is, well played to those who've snaped them up! :lol:.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

The RFL have put a release out that this offer was for NHS and armed forces only and tickets will be cancelled

It’s a typical RFL cock up

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... or-3704103
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:23 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:10 pm So in hard times the sport shits on the loyal fans who’ve already shelled out for a very expensive day out,you couldn’t make it up certainly not the clubs fault but it’s time to realise when clear;y there’s not going to be a big crowd at the final to bring it north and cut some of the cost down for people.

It needs bringing back up here, majority of southerners don’t even know about RL unless you’re a convert from Union!

£50 for coach travel! 2 adults & 2 kids who can afford £200 just to get there plus tickets for the game & then outrageous London prices for everything else. Bloody crazy IMO

We used to go to every final even when Wigan weren’t playing. You don’t get that these days with supporters of our game.

Mind you after the reopening of Wembley Sts v Catalan I said then that was the last final I was going to unless Wigan were in it. Majority of people must think the same now!
It’s sad those days are over it is just far too expensive for most just to pop along as a neutral the sport needs to realise it and make plans say for the Etihad,a place that the sport can fill.

For us given the sheer cost of it and it being more or less on top of our annual trip to the Isle of Wight festival we are going but st the sacrifice of a couple of away games (plus the Saturday games really have an impact on on the wage packet if she doesn’t work the Saturday).
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:22 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:23 pm

It’s sad those days are over it is just far too expensive for most just to pop along as a neutral the sport needs to realise it and make plans say for the Etihad,a place that the sport can fill.

For us given the sheer cost of it and it being more or less on top of our annual trip to the Isle of Wight festival we are going but st the sacrifice of a couple of away games (plus the Saturday games really have an impact on on the wage packet if she doesn’t work the Saturday).
But then we have the RFL running our sport who get free jollies all expenses paid to all of these type of games. The prices for the World Cup are the same, I feel it will be a big disappointment sadly!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The World Cup fixture schedule is a farce . We have tickets for the Scotland games at Kingston Park Newcastle both games against Fiji and Italy are played on a Saturday and Sunday at a decent sized stadium and as local as possible . They then play the big one for Scotland fans against Australia in Coventry in a stadium that will be less than half full and far away for the fans and on Friday night . Mental

It really must take a lot of thought from the Rugby League authorities to muck up all aspects of this sport as well as they do all be it ticket prices fixture schedules and venues

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

In fairness a trip to Wembley is worth the expense imo.

A trip to a football ground on the other hand.............