Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun Wane Legend

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Watching Liam Marshall scoring the winning try right in front of me was just mind blowing!!
And despite all the haters on here I absolutely loved watching Sam Powell getting a massive cheer when he lifted the cup! Luckily for Sam the haters on here are very much in the minority :roll: .
Well done lads & well done Sam! Great watching the graft Morgan Smithies put in too :D
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:32 am WHL must hold 100k then . Never in a million years was there 51k there if it only holds 63k

EW
I agree, from where I was sat, I looked around and thought it looked disappointing not reach a capacity attendance! That said, it did appear it was the Huddersfield end/neutral sections that seemed empty (without being biased).

Obviously I cant dispute the official recorded attendance, seem a bit sketchy for my money though! :lol:

Definitely would return to Spurs though! :D
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:16 pm One last bit. A penny for Zak Hardaker's thoughts...............................
I think you'd feel short changed :)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

w.thomas wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:21 am Yes I admit hudds outplayed us in large parts and won the battle down the middle. Already Sick of hearing the better team lost though! The best team is the one that wins, sports about winning, end of story. How many finals are won on fine margins? Plenty. Up the cherry and white!
The Giants tried not to lose the final, they had ample opportunity to win given that they had the lions share of possession and territory but didn’t take it. You win RL games by scoring more points than the opposition and they didn’t. They were content with pinning Field and French in the corners rather than trying to find a winning try. I like Watson as a tactical coach but his style of play is predictable and boring. Wigan had the class to score some very good tries and the tenacity and will to succeed. But our biggest asset is speed. Speed kills and it certainly did for Huddersfield yesterday and Saints in the semifinal 😀
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:33 pm Watching Liam Marshall scoring the winning try right in front of me was just mind blowing!!
And despite all the haters on here I absolutely loved watching Sam Powell getting a massive cheer when he lifted the cup! Luckily for Sam the haters on here are very much in the minority :roll: .
Well done lads & well done Sam! Great watching the graft Morgan Smithies put in too :D
I was one of those cheering, as I think Sam has done brilliantly in a non playing role. Great to see him find his vocation. :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:16 pm One last bit. A penny for Zak Hardaker's thoughts...............................
:lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Said exactly the same!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:04 pm
Mike wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 pm
saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 pm Congratulations on your win!
Part 1 of the "saints double" safely in Wigan.
You must have been hibernating…… we are going for 4 In A row , double is a 90’s thing !

I won’t comment on the game , will be interpreted as being bitter !

You have the cup ‘ Just like that ‘ 😂 Wigan ‘ Tommy cooper ‘ warriors .sorry , couldn’t resist !

Have a great few days , enjoy our misery ! Have a drink on us 🍻
4 in a row? Well done you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:33 pm Watching Liam Marshall scoring the winning try right in front of me was just mind blowing!!
Why did he lift it, he didn't win it, I noticed 2 or 3 other players who didn't play refusing to lift it for that exact reason
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:04 pm
Mike wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 pm
saint wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 pm Congratulations on your win!
Part 1 of the "saints double" safely in Wigan.
You must have been hibernating…… we are going for 4 In A row , double is a 90’s thing !

I won’t comment on the game , will be interpreted as being bitter !

You have the cup ‘ Just like that ‘ 😂 Wigan ‘ Tommy cooper ‘ warriors .sorry , couldn’t resist !

Have a great few days , enjoy our misery ! Have a drink on us 🍻
I have got to give you credit Saint for coming on this forum and giving Wigan some credit. It sets you apart from the morons on Red Vee. Nevertheless, trying to dumb down Wigan’s previous achievements, which set them apart from any other rugby league team on the planet is so disingenuous. Saints winning 3 SL Grand Finals in a row is a great achievement but in no way compares to the success of Wigan in the 80s/90s. I will have a great weekend celebrating our history making success in fact, it will almost certainly do so over the bank holiday weekend as well😀