Partington

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: Partington

Post by nathan_rugby »

Partington isn’t good enough. He’s bottom of the pecking order at prop / 13 for me.

Happy for him to leave.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
boggart

Post by boggart »

There’s controlled aggression or stupidity, Ollie is more on the stupid side.
Acts the hard man, gives away silly penalties.
He’s not good enough either
[/quote]

Its sad the way fans take against certain players, but typical. Oliver Partington is an honest tryer who never gives anything less than 100%. He sometimes crosses the difficult border between controlled aggression and foul play, but don't knock his committment, enthusiasm and energy. Not big enough (but certainly aggressive enough) for a barn-storming prop, but not through lack of effort and can contribute to anyone's team as a back rower or loose-forward or when brought off the bench. Give the young man a break. He'll be a loss to the team if he's allowed to go.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I just think he’s too small for a prop, and not in the same class as the second rows we have available. That said, he has some skill and is a 100% player.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Furthermore, I also believe his exclusion from yesterdays matchday squad will only enthuse him to push forward and get in the 17! Id be amazed if anyone on here actually truly believes Oli isn't good enough to wear the shirt!

If he put a stone or two on he'd rip it up! Id say there are forwards ahead of as is stands, doesn't mean he hasn't got a bright future, remember the lad has years ahead!

Cant be that s*it if Wire are supposedly interested, the same Wire who buy whoever they want from whichever code suit!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

boggart wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:39 pm There’s controlled aggression or stupidity, Ollie is more on the stupid side.
Acts the hard man, gives away silly penalties.
He’s not good enough either
Its sad the way fans take against certain players, but typical. Oliver Partington is an honest tryer who never gives anything less than 100%. He sometimes crosses the difficult border between controlled aggression and foul play, but don't knock his committment, enthusiasm and energy. Not big enough (but certainly aggressive enough) for a barn-storming prop, but not through lack of effort and can contribute to anyone's team as a back rower or loose-forward or when brought off the bench. Give the young man a break. He'll be a loss to the team if he's allowed to go.
[/quote]

I’m sick of hearing stuff like “oh he tries hard”
Sorry but it just doesn’t work like that. It’s what you bring to the team, and with Ollie all I think is penalties. He’s not the best of tacklers and who never punches a hole in the defence in attack.
You build a team with your best players who’ve got some kind of ability and contribute not because they “try hard”, if any coach thought like that they wouldn’t win anything
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Loan to wire for this season but comes back next year would be a good move but to let him go... not so sure.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:09 pm I just think he’s too small for a prop, and not in the same class as the second rows we have available. That said, he has some skill and is a 100% player.
He would have done more than Mago yesterday.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:23 pm Furthermore, I also believe his exclusion from yesterdays matchday squad will only enthuse him to push forward and get in the 17! Id be amazed if anyone on here actually truly believes Oli isn't good enough to wear the shirt!

If he put a stone or two on he'd rip it up! Id say there are forwards ahead of as is stands, doesn't mean he hasn't got a bright future, remember the lad has years ahead!

Cant be that s*it if Wire are supposedly interested, the same Wire who buy whoever they want from whichever code suit!
He will naturally add weight we need to be patient. Good squad player at the moment and young enough to improve.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Another Wigan lad that's come through the academy therefore untouchable to the majority of fans
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I’d let him go, good work rate but he’s not big enough and doesn’t make any yards. Got 3/4 forwards coming through the ranks bigger and better. Can’t see wire being in for him after the signings they’ve just made. Although they do like a poor prop from Wigan….see bullock for reference.