Cooper Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Cooper Signs

Post by Richymac »

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/06/ ... oin-wigan/

Not a very big surprise given the rumours and it being essentially confirmed by another poster on here (see Ratchford/Charnley thread).

Very happy with this, especially considering that there are quite a few disappointed Wire fans. Then again, it’s probably not very hard for Cooper to look good in that squad at present.

Mixing experience and youth seems to be a tried and tested method. If we can keep the backs we currently have then I don’t see why we wouldn’t be looking at having a great shot at picking up silverware next season.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Cooper Signs

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Good stuff.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If it’s Cooper for Partington (with respect to Oli) then I would be happy with that. If we lose Havard, then it’s break even in the short term at best. So fingers crossed.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:11 pm If it’s Cooper for Partington (with respect to Oli) then I would be happy with that. If we lose Havard, then it’s break even in the short term at best. So fingers crossed.
Havard has already signed mate, Josie has confirmed that on another thread.

Wigan were not open to letting Partington leave at the end of this year however they were open to letting him go at the end of 2023, this has now changed on the back of certain planned recruitment and cap restrictions, he COULD well leave at the end of this season, nothing agreed or decided as of yet though.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I have confidence in the club so I'll welcome Coopers signing as a good one,that and reading Warrington forums they fo seem upset at him going and they see him far more than I
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

I’m in two minds with this…whilst he is a decent player (if WE can actually get the better out of him), he’s 33 yrs plus….hopefully not another Thornley who’s body is showing signs of ‘heart says yes, ‘body says no’ scenario.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Il reserve judgement until after matchdays! That said, many Warrington fans seem to rate him very highly this season! Seems to be having alot of conflict with Powell!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

He’s an improvement on what we’ve got.
Mago doesn’t do enough, singleton hasn’t done much this season either
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:24 pm He’s an improvement on what we’ve got.
Mago doesn’t do enough, singleton hasn’t done much this season either
They've been hit and miss, I do wonder if Cooper signing means one of these two will leave.
There are several really good props in the reserves but I can't see them being ready until late next season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:07 pm Il reserve judgement until after matchdays! That said, many Warrington fans seem to rate him very highly this season! Seems to be having alot of conflict with Powell!
He was head and shoulders the best prop on show when Wire played Leeds last week.