England vs combined nations

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adam0026

England vs combined nations

Post by adam0026 »

Just seen the England squad which doesn’t include Marshall or Harry Smith for that matter!

I suspect they haven’t been included to give them a rest maybe? (Same said for jai field in the combined team)

I’m guessing Wane rates them with the Wigan role.

Is anyone going to this?
josie andrews

Re: England vs combined nations

Post by josie andrews »

Ellery Hanley has named a 19-man squad to select from when his Combined Nations All Stars team face England this Saturday.

Two England-eligible hookers have been included, with Warrington Wolves’ Daryl Clark and Leeds Rhinos’ Kruise Leeming both looking to force their way into England contention for the World Cup by appearing against Shaun Wane’s side.

Leeming is one of seven players who featured in the match the previous year who are again included, along with Ken Sio, Peter Mata’utia, Chris Satae, Kenny Edwards and Kelepi Tanginoa.

But they are many notable absentees from the initial squad named in March, including Wigan Warriors pair Jai Field and Bevan French.

Huddersfield Giants’ Ricky Leutele and Danny Levi are among other in-form players that aren’t part of the squad, which features no representatives of either Challenge Cup finalist.

The All Stars will be captained by Hull KR’s Shaun Kenny-Dowall.

Combined Nations All Stars 19-man squad to face England:

Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves), Brodie Croft (Salford Red Devils), Kenny Edwards (Castleford Tigers), Mahe Fonua (Castleford Tigers), Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR), Samisoni Langi (Catalans Dragons), Kruise Leeming (Leeds Rhinos), Joe Lovodua (Hull FC), Rhyse Martin (Leeds Rhinos), Peter Mata’utia (Warrington Wolves), Manu Maʻu (Hull FC), Jacob Miller (Wakefield Trinity), Matt Parcell (Hull KR), Matt Prior (Leeds Rhinos), Ligi Sao (Hull FC), Chris Satae (Hull FC), Ken Sio (Salford Red Devils), Kelepi Tanginoa (Wakefield Trinity), Zane Tetevano (Leeds Rhinos)

https://www.totalrl.com/ellery-hanley-n ... y-england/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane hands Michael McIlorum England recall after nine years with massive changes for All Stars clash

The England head coach has made 11 changes from the squad that faced France last time out.

Michael McIlorum has been recalled to the England squad by head coach Shaun Wane for the first time in nine years. The Catalans Dragons hooker, who played under Wane during their time at Wigan Warriors, has not featured for England since the 2013 World Cup.

Now 34, the veteran hooker has been given the nod after his fine form, with fellow Dragons player Mike McMeeken also being recalled after an excellent season with Les Dracs. The back-rower hasn't feature for England since 2017.

Three players, Warrington Wolves' Matty Ashton and St Helens duo Jack Welsby and Joe Batchelor, have been named in the squad for the first time. Ryan Hall has also been recalled to the squad after his fine form for Hull KR this season.

In total, there are 11 changes from the 20-man squad that was named in England's last game against France in October. Jordan Abdull, Ben Currie, Tom Davies, Niall Evalds, Zak Hardaker, Morgan Knowles, Kruise Leeming, Jonny Lomax, Reece Lyne, Harry Newman and Danny Walker miss out.

Coming into the squad are Hall, Ashton, Batchelor, McIlorum and McMeeken, as well as Stefan Ratchford, George Williams, Jake Wardle, Kallum Watkins and captain Sam Tomkins.

Wane's men take on the All Stars this Saturday, with the representative side to be coached by Ellery Hanley. The game takes place at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on June 18th (5:45 KO)

Matty Ashton (Warrington Wolves), Joe Batchelor (St Helens), John Bateman (Wigan Warriors), Mike Cooper (Warrington Wolves), Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors), Ryan Hall (Hull KR), Matty Lees (St Helens), Michael McIlorum, Mike McMeeken (both Catalans Dragons), Paul McShane (Castleford Tigers), Tommy Makinson (St Helens), Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds Rhinos), Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford (both Warrington Wolves), Sam Tomkins (Catalans Dragons, Captain), Alex Walmsley (St Helens), Jake Wardle (Huddersfield Giants), Kallum Watkins (Salford Red Devils), Jack Welsby (St Helens), George Williams (Warrington Wolves)

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

While I'm pleased this means many of our lads will get a much needed rest, I just don't know how Wane can justify some of his selections. Not least George Williams
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:55 pm While I'm pleased this means many of our lads will get a much needed rest, I just don't know how Wane can justify some of his selections. Not least George Williams
Me too our lads get the welcome break

But some the selections are bemusing, Ryan Hall before Liam Marshall? George Williams before Harry Smith?

Field came off v Salford & when they came to applaud the fans at the end of the game he had a massive ice pack on his hamstring. Not sure about French tho, maybe the club don’t want him to overdo it while still getting back to full fitness.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:55 pm While I'm pleased this means many of our lads will get a much needed rest, I just don't know how Wane can justify some of his selections. Not least George Williams
Don't be so cruel George has to be given a chance to be in a team that can win a game 😗😗
moto748

Post by moto748 »

adam0026 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:35 pm
Is anyone going to this?
Where is it? The BBC report manages to avoid saying.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 pm
adam0026 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:35 pm
Is anyone going to this?
Where is it? The BBC report manages to avoid saying.
It’s at the Halliwell Jones like last year.

It’s a double header:

England Women v France Women 15.15pm ko

England Men v All-Stars 17.45

It is very bad as I haven’t heard anything else advertised since I purchased our tickets at the very end of March.
And that’s only because I’m an England member! I get emails.

The RFL are insanely 💩 at promoting our game. But they’ll all be there for their freebies, tickets, hospitality, meals, drinks etc 🤬

Both games are being televised from 3pm on Sky Sports Arena for the Women’s game

The Mens game at 5.30 on the same channel 😊
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Pretty pointless game for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:10 pm
Me too our lads get the welcome break

But some the selections are bemusing, Ryan Hall before Liam Marshall? George Williams before Harry Smith?

Field came off v Salford & when they came to applaud the fans at the end of the game he had a massive ice pack on his hamstring. Not sure about French tho, maybe the club don’t want him to overdo it while still getting back to full fitness.
That's the problem Williams is first choice even with his terrible form who else would he go for Smith if he continues will be in at the next World Cup this one is a bit too soon I feel