Powell pens new deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Powell pens new deal

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:26 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 pm Can see O’Neil moving on now
Why?
medlocke wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:56 pm What a pile of old shite, Jobs for the boys is still alive and well, so much for Peet's new culture, none if it will change until Lenners and his yes man is gone, Ambition my arse, If I was Brad O'Neill I would be looking for a first team place elsewhere, complete an utter shit as piss :evil:
Just because you & some others don’t like Powell or the way he plays doesn’t mean he is a bad player. The club must appreciate his contribution to the team to extend his stay here.

When I posted this piece of news I nearly replied immediately “Cue the Powell haters”!

Then I thought should I lock it straight away? Then I thought no leave it as it is for all the same Powell Haters to spout their vitriol & get it off their chests 😂😂
Well O’Neil hasn’t played since Powell has come back. And he’s more than capable of playing in the first team
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My issue with Powell is not that he is a great lad, and trains hard, it is that he has no attacking game. His defenders may attack anyone that doesn’t rate him, but I am yet to see anyone argue with that. The argument is simple - I think we would be better with a hooker who can pose an attacking thread.

As it happens, in a funny sort of way this is good news. When I opened the thread my fear was that we had 5 more years of the ploddinggest attacking plodder. Even the over the top quotes about his “cultural” impact (does he do mix tapes/help everyone with their paintings - we should be told?) don’t try to sell his skills.

We know that there will be a future beyond Powell - and we saw it against Saints and Huddersfield.
Last edited by Exiled Wiganer on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

had the chance to bring in brad dwyer and inject some speed and uncertainty to 9 and send powell to salford oh well
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Was there any doubt he was going sign a new contract
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

stevo38 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm had the chance to bring in brad dwyer and inject some speed and uncertainty to 9 and send powell to salford oh well
Brad Dywer?? Are you on something? He’s bloody awful 😣
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:02 pm
stevo38 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:35 pm had the chance to bring in brad dwyer and inject some speed and uncertainty to 9 and send powell to salford oh well
Couldn’t put it better myself.

You only to look at the way the players involved Powell in the CC celebrations he’s clearly well thought of by all at the club that’s for sure.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:02 pm
Couldn’t put it better myself.

You only to look at the way the players involved Powell in the CC celebrations he’s clearly well thought of by all at the club that’s for sure.
Exactly Fozzie 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 pm Can see O’Neil moving on now
Don’t think so.
Charriots Offiah

medlocke wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:56 pm What a pile of old shite, Jobs for the boys is still alive and well, so much for Peet's new culture, none if it will change until Lenners and his yes man is gone, Ambition my arse, If I was Brad O'Neill I would be looking for a first team place elsewhere, complete an utter shit as piss :evil:
I take it you are not happy Meds?
Charriots Offiah

Thank goodness we didn’t.