Pinch of Salt.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Re: Pinch of Salt.

Post by Brennox7 »

Apparently Tom Opacic has been confirmed signing for a super League club. He plays centre, how many teams are looking out for a centre at the moment?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hull KR are and he's reportedly going there.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

How's it going for Gildart at present in the NRL?

It couldn't be him could it the mystery centre?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 am How's it going for Gildart at present in the NRL?

I would be dissapointed if we did. Gildart is of the group of people who despite supposedly growing up wigan fans only had eyes for the NRL and in his final year didn't look bothered.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 am How's it going for Gildart at present in the NRL?

I would be dissapointed if we did. Gildart is of the group of people who despite supposedly growing up wigan fans only had eyes for the NRL and in his final year didn't look bothered.
Disagree completely. His final game against Leeds he stayed on the pitch with the rest of the team and came over to the fans and was in tears. I defended him on twitter and he sent me a private message thanking me. I'm not close to the players in any way but I thought that was a really classy thing to do but like I said, seeing him after the Leeds game in the playoffs their was no way he didn't care.

Since he had his injury problems he hasn't been the same player. Weather he will ever get back to that again only time will tell, but before his problems he was magnificent for us and who can blame him going over to test himself in the NRL?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:22 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 am

Disagree completely. His final game against Leeds he stayed on the pitch with the rest of the team and came over to the fans and was in tears. I defended him on twitter and he sent me a private message thanking me. I'm not close to the players in any way but I thought that was a really classy thing to do but like I said, seeing him after the Leeds game in the playoffs their was no way he didn't care.

Since he had his injury problems he hasn't been the same player. Weather he will ever get back to that again only time will tell, but before his problems he was magnificent for us and who can blame him going over to test himself in the NRL?
Hear hear
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Seconded
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

You can disagree I have no issues. But as soon as he got his NRL gig he coasted for me.

While I am happy with Batemasns return as he didn't fail I don't think we should welcome back the ones who fail as in most cases there confidence is damaged.

Look at pre and post NRL Budgie
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I'm not saying we should re-sign him by default.

I think it's easy to criticise for perceived lack of effort because he's going, when as a team we were playing pretty sh*the across the board.

I can see in the NRL he's really struggling with defensive reads, always seems to take the wrong option - possibly trying too hard.

I think it's always hard to go back so I would be very careful if we were to consider it an option here - last resort in my opinion.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

When did Wigan fans become happy with mediocrity, Can we please stop wanting to bring former players back ffs