Matty Nicholson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Matty Nicholson

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 pm
doc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm MP new interview on it is fascinating. Wire have paid us a decent fee for an 18 year old who thinks he’ll get more playing time sooner at wire!! Good luck to the lad
Have you got a link?
https://t.co/PwifA9uQTG.
It’s all in the above 😂 every rugby league news reel is pushing it 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm MP new interview on it is fascinating. Wire have paid us a decent fee for an 18 year old who thinks he’ll get more playing time sooner at wire!! Good luck to the lad
Are you sure they have paid us a fee?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Matty openly said they keep "paying for our players."
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:56 pm
Are you sure they have paid us a fee?
Going off what peet said and they have a history of paying us a fee for a few younger lads
Charriots Offiah

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 pm Matty openly said they keep "paying for our players."
I read that but I am not certain whether he means a transfer fee or Wire are paying bigger salaries to the players?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:01 pm Matty openly said they keep "paying for our players."
I read that but I am not certain whether he means a transfer fee or Wire are paying bigger salaries to the players?

Ellis Longstaff they paid for, Sam Storey they paid for, Dean Beddall they paid for and now Matty Nicholson. Although we would like to keep Matty, he would’ve developed into a first team player here, he should develop into a first team player there. I think it proves that our academy is superior to theirs.”
Sounds like a fee to me maybe I’m looking at it wrong ?
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:29 pm
Ellis Longstaff they paid for, Sam Storey they paid for, Dean Beddall they paid for and now Matty Nicholson. Although we would like to keep Matty, he would’ve developed into a first team player here, he should develop into a first team player there. I think it proves that our academy is superior to theirs.”sounds like a fee to me maybe I’m looking at it wrong ?
I hope your right. If we are due to be paid compensation then, according to the RFL’s rules and regulations it’s a paltry sum (£3k). That is no level of compensation for the amount of time and effort the club has put into developing those players.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:29 pm

Ellis Longstaff they paid for, Sam Storey they paid for, Dean Beddall they paid for and now Matty Nicholson. Although we would like to keep Matty, he would’ve developed into a first team player here, he should develop into a first team player there. I think it proves that our academy is superior to theirs.”sounds like a fee to me maybe I’m looking at it wrong ?
I hope your right. If we are due to be paid compensation then, according to the RFL’s rules and regulations it’s a paltry sum (£3k). That is no level of compensation for the amount of time and effort the club has put into developing those players.
In fairness I wasn’t expecting this much outrage and exposure but it seems like he’s even better than we all thought he would be. Unfortunately wire will ruin him just like they are currently doing with that young half who scored against us earlier on in the season
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

It's not about the quality of the player - it's about the manner of the exit.

What was the reasoning for an 18 year old to leave the biggest club in the comp who had already given him his debut, are renown for giving youth a chance whilst competing for silverware & who currently have a very successful youth coach in charge? Money.
Charriots Offiah

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:53 pm It's not about the quality of the player - it's about the manner of the exit.

What was the reasoning for an 18 year old to leave the biggest club in the comp who had already given him his debut, are renown for giving youth a chance whilst competing for silverware & who currently have a very successful youth coach in charge? Money.
That’s the business we are in.