Salford want Partington.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
widdenoldboy

Re: Salford want Partington.

Post by widdenoldboy »

Dreamteam wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:30 pm Am I missing something with partington that other people see ? 18 yes 18 meters at the weekend 4 carries and 4 missed tackles
What's the link to the stats please?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:30 pm Am I missing something with partington that other people see ? 18 yes 18 meters at the weekend 4 carries and 4 missed tackles
Had to dig for them -

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/3678
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

I have heard he is going Leeds and it might potentially be this season.
For me I like the lad and I think he has the potential to be a good prop but I feel he needs to put on another stone or two and get real man size/strength but I don’t feel we are in a position where we need to wait for this to happen as our front row is looking pretty strong. He’s been overtaken by Byrne and Smithies and with Cooper coming in he is way down the pecking order and for his own development it will be best he gets regular action.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:46 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 pm
Had to dig for them -

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/3678
Shockingly he has made less than 18 meters in a game this season I believe
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:14 pm
Don't like to say this but I have to agree I also feel his over zealous aggression will be his downfall in going forward

Is this the player we should be desperate to try and keep ? I’d rather throw what he’s on at bevan to keep him for another year or 2
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Actually it was 5 missed tackles, said it time and time again regardless if he’s big enough or not he doesn’t make enough meters. We should be keeping players on performances not on if their a nice lad and your mates with him.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Partington is very good with the ball in hand for a forward. That's his strength.

But that alone doesn't make up for the lack of yardage, missed tackles & iffy temperament.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 pm Partington is very good with the ball in hand for a forward. That's his strength.

But that alone doesn't make up for the lack of yardage, missed tackles & iffy temperament.
Agreed with that. Would people be desperate to keep him if he hadn’t come from the system ? As for his potential I’m still yet too see improvement in the last 3 years where as havard smithies Byrne have all kicked on
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Never been a fan of partington.
Works hard but doesn’t offer enough going forward and can be a liability.
Wouldn’t be fussed to see him go
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'd like Partington to stay for my own reasons, but accept a lot of the comments, and won't be surprised, ot too disappointed, if he goes.

Just a point about the poor stats for balance: iirc he did put a pass in when the defence were expecting a drive, and it led to one of our tries. (I think it was around 60-70 mins about 25-30 yards out to the right of the posts.)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐