Saints vs Giants

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Barney841

Saints vs Giants

Post by Barney841 »

Is it me or was that the quickest VIdeo ref ever?
There never that quick. The angle he confirmed the try wasn’t any good either.
And oh my god knock on by batchelor, the red doesn’t see it!
Unbelievable!!
Charriots Offiah

Re: Saints vs Giants

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If we are going to use the video then we should apply it like the Aussies and look at every try.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Saints champions 1000 days blah,blah

Welsby the best there’s ever been,blah,blah

And so it goes skys cove ridge is so stale it’s a joke.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:48 am Saints champions 1000 days blah,blah

Welsby the best there’s ever been,blah,blah

And so it goes skys cove ridge is so stale it’s a joke.
Oh I know! Saints this, saints that!
Every youngster they bring through is so brave.
Makes you feel sick sometimes
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I know we love to knock the saints lovers but let's not underestimate the teams performance last night. I was at the DW for Bevan's amazing seven but you have to admit that saints beating Huddersfield 25-0 whilst missing a man for a large chunk of the game must rate as a better performance than ours. I hate them with a passion but we'll not get the better of them if we have the mindset that we're nearly there and only bad luck or the ref have made the difference. They may be overrated by some (not our coaching staff) but they are still the best team in the competition. They have more self-belief in big games and their pack is superior to ours. Just signing Cooper (plus keeping Bevan) will not guarantee success against them next season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:34 am I know we love to knock the saints lovers but let's not underestimate the teams performance last night. I was at the DW for Bevan's amazing seven but you have to admit that saints beating Huddersfield 25-0 whilst missing a man for a large chunk of the game must rate as a better performance than ours. I hate them with a passion but we'll not get the better of them if we have the mindset that we're nearly there and only bad luck or the ref have made the difference. They may be overrated by some (not our coaching staff) but they are still the best team in the competition. They have more self-belief in big games and their pack is superior to ours. Just signing Cooper (plus keeping Bevan) will not guarantee success against them next season.
I’m not denying what a fine side they are be silly to do so it’s a gripe about skys tedious coverage I’ve moved over to sky glass so the recording seemed to stop as Welsby interview finished did they even make mention of that achievement from French last night I hope so.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Comparing Saints v Giants isn't the same as comparing Saints v Wigan.

In the Cup semi they had a man sent to the bin for 10, we scored a try in that time and Saints lost the game.
At Magic we had a man sent of for 15 mins they scored one try inside 10 mins and were still behind. They scored their second 90 seconds from the end and we lost.

Wigan and Saints atm are two very evenly matched sides.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Another perspective is that Hudds were diabollically bad and did not know how to play against 12 men.
Take nothing away from Saints, they made the most of every opportunity and are marginally ahead of us and will stay ahead unless be improve our go forwards.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:10 pm Comparing Saints v Giants isn't the same as comparing Saints v Wigan.

In the Cup semi they had a man sent to the bin for 10, we scored a try in that time and Saints lost the game.
At Magic we had a man sent of for 15 mins they scored one try inside 10 mins and were still behind. They scored their second 90 seconds from the end and we lost.

Wigan and Saints atm are two very evenly matched sides.
I agree. If both sides avoid injuries they will be playing each other again in the GF.