Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by w.thomas »

Can’t believe Peet took him off!! What a fun buster! Only negative for me, decent win against a busted up side. Mago showing what he can do, he needs to do that’s against the better sides though, very hot and cold sometimes. I’d of rested partington and given Nsemba a run out possibly, same with Isa and Halsall. Onwards and upwards though, a good win!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And yet they were pretty good in the Derby last week.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great attacking…… chuffed to say ive seen frenchs 7 tonite, edwards 10 at swinton and offiahs 10 v leeds all live…… could french have had 10 if hed stayed on?Only downer was mago should never of passed with the line at his mercy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

With the pace and skill level Bevan French has, I cant say I'm surprised at all really. I agree with others who have acknowledged Mago's efforts tonight and the fact Hull FC weren't at the races at all! Most important was a very healthy FT score line. I thought we executed just as well as we did against Stains! We were dominant and fluent tonight.
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm 28-0 at half time. Wigan not got out of first gear, Hull stuck in reverse. Four tries for French and a length of the Field special from Field.
Eh! Didn't get out of first gear? Rubbish!! Other than a loss of ball from Smithies (very unfortunate) and Mago passing in front of the posts instead of going under the sticks that was as perfect a first half as you could expect. In addition I cannot remember Hull being allowed to get anywhere near the Wigan tryline.
The passing and play for all the tries was excellent, French scored 7 but some of them really needed scoring. What more do you want?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:04 pm Can’t believe Peet took him off!! What a fun buster! Only negative for me, decent win against a busted up side. Mago showing what he can do, he needs to do that’s against the better sides though, very hot and cold sometimes. I’d of rested partington and given Nsemba a run out possibly, same with Isa and Halsall. Onwards and upwards though, a good win!
French breaks a super league try scoring record and you’re looking for negatives ?

Why do you even support the club?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm 28-0 at half time. Wigan not got out of first gear, Hull stuck in reverse. Four tries for French and a length of the Field special from Field.
So Wigan playing awesome or hull poor DaveO?
Wigan scored some great tries but Hull were dire. Never looked like scoring and didn’t have one player who caused Wigan any difficulty. Hull’s cause wasn’t helped by a concussion sub after 15 seconds of the first half to their No. 10 who is huge. Went off for about 20 minutes, came back on and then did something to his leg I think and went off for good.

I was surprised they took French off. Thought he was in for 10! Especially as Cust got a bang on his arm that caused him a lot of pain that was heavily padded. Thought they might have took him off and switched Field or French to the halves.

Mago had a long stint. Came on towards the end of the first half and plated about 30 minutes in the second I think.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 pm
So Wigan playing awesome or hull poor DaveO?
Wigan scored some great tries but Hull were dire. Never looked like scoring and didn’t have one player who caused Wigan any difficulty. Hull’s cause wasn’t helped by a concussion sub after 15 seconds of the first half to their No. 10 who is huge. Went off for about 20 minutes, came back on and then did something to his leg I think and went off for good.

I was surprised they took French off. Thought he was in for 10! Especially as Cust got a bang on his arm that caused him a lot of pain that was heavily padded. Thought they might have took him off and switched Field or French to the halves.

Mago had a long stint. Came on towards the end of the first half and plated about 30 minutes in the second I think.
Let's be fair Hull where a shambles you can only beat what's in front of you and they did so with lots to spare.

Cust should have gone off as you say it was a nasty knock he took so why risk him and then to sub out French who seemed intent on making poor Harry Smith kick goals all night off it just seemed odd to me.

Mago and Ellis both went well I thought but again and I'm not downplaying wigans performance at all you have to temper it against that abject Hull team.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The highlightds are up on Wigan TV?

I'm playing them on rotation! :D

Nice touch by the club with Hicks at the end.
Last edited by moto748 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:59 pm
Eh! Didn't get out of first gear? Rubbish!! Other than a loss of ball from Smithies (very unfortunate) and Mago passing in front of the posts instead of going under the sticks that was as perfect a first half as you could expect. In addition I cannot remember Hull being allowed to get anywhere near the Wigan tryline.
The passing and play for all the tries was excellent, French scored 7 but some of them really needed scoring. What more do you want?
Who said anything about it not being perfect? Wigan were functioning at a canter in the first half. They were ripping them apart without having to try very hard. You are taken may post completely the wrong way so wobble your own head!