Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm 28-0 at half time. Wigan not got out of first gear, Hull stuck in reverse. Four tries for French and a length of the Field special from Field.
So Wigan playing awesome or hull poor DaveO?
Wigan scored some great tries but Hull were dire. Never looked like scoring and didn’t have one player who caused Wigan any difficulty. Hull’s cause wasn’t helped by a concussion sub after 15 seconds of the first half to their No. 10 who is huge. Went off for about 20 minutes, came back on and then did something to his leg I think and went off for good.

I was surprised they took French off. Thought he was in for 10! Especially as Cust got a bang on his arm that caused him a lot of pain that was heavily padded. Thought they might have took him off and switched Field or French to the halves.

Mago had a long stint. Came on towards the end of the first half and plated about 30 minutes in the second I think.
Satae already had a leg injury. He passed his HIA and came back on after the 15 mins he was allowed which should have counted as a substitution. Cust dislocated his finger.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:04 pm Can’t believe Peet took him off!! What a fun buster! Only negative for me, decent win against a busted up side. Mago showing what he can do, he needs to do that’s against the better sides though, very hot and cold sometimes. I’d of rested partington and given Nsemba a run out possibly, same with Isa and Halsall. Onwards and upwards though, a good win!
Spoke to Nsemba before the game, he said he would probably not play tonight, Friday, because the Academy play saints Saturday, KO 12 noon, & they really need to win the game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:02 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:46 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:39 pm

Yes it was
I missed it, what did they do? Loch Lomond Whiskey? :D
Guard of honour by the players and a gift from I presume the club
Framed photograph. Wigan are all class.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:18 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:02 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:46 pm

I missed it, what did they do? Loch Lomond Whiskey? :D
Guard of honour by the players and a gift from I presume the club
Framed photograph. Wigan are all class.
Very nice touch.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm 28-0 at half time. Wigan not got out of first gear, Hull stuck in reverse. Four tries for French and a length of the Field special from Field.
Wigan scored some great tries but Hull were dire. Never looked like scoring and didn’t have one player who caused Wigan any difficulty. Hull’s cause wasn’t helped by a concussion sub after 15 seconds of the first half to their No. 10 who is huge. Went off for about 20 minutes, came back on and then did something to his leg I think and went off for good.

I was surprised they took French off. Thought he was in for 10! Especially as Cust got a bang on his arm that caused him a lot of pain that was heavily padded. Thought they might have took him off and switched Field or French to the halves.

Mago had a long stint. Came on towards the end of the first half and plated about 30 minutes in the second I think.
It wasn’t actually a concussion according to some he was limping at the first carry, Hull bench said it was a head assessment so they wouldn’t lose a sub. Came back on & went straight back off moreorless with the same limp.

Cust over extended his elbow, came out packed with ice, said he’d be good for Leeds 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:23 am

It wasn’t actually a concussion according to some he was limping at the first carry, Hull bench said it was a head assessment so they wouldn’t lose a sub. Came back on & went straight back off moreorless with the same limp.

Cust over extended his elbow, came out packed with ice, said he’d be good for Leeds 😊
Tannoy said it was concussion assessment which seemed reasonable given he went down and looked groggy after the tackle which looked a hard hit and he didn’t get up. Has he got a career in acting lined up then?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:16 am

Satae already had a leg injury. He passed his HIA and came back on after the 15 mins he was allowed which should have counted as a substitution. Cust dislocated his finger.
He over extended his elbow I was speaking to him after the game it was wrapped in ice. 😊
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:28 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:16 am

He over extended his elbow I was speaking to him after the game it was wrapped in ice. 😊
Fair enough. Willie told me he had dislocated his finger. The physiotherapists are going to have to strap his elbow differently. One more injury like that and he could be finished.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:16 pm
w.thomas wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:04 pm Can’t believe Peet took him off!! What a fun buster! Only negative for me, decent win against a busted up side. Mago showing what he can do, he needs to do that’s against the better sides though, very hot and cold sometimes. I’d of rested partington and given Nsemba a run out possibly, same with Isa and Halsall. Onwards and upwards though, a good win!
French breaks a super league try scoring record and you’re looking for negatives ?

Why do you even support the club?
Why do you always feel the need to pipe up every time I post? So you wasn’t disappointed he got taken off when he could of scored more? There’s a time for resting players and that wasn’t it. I’m sorry some of us can’t be a rugby expert like yourself. It’s a place for opinions yet every time I post I get you giving it the keyboard warrior routine. Calm yourself down son
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 pm Great attacking…… chuffed to say ive seen frenchs 7 tonite, edwards 10 at swinton and offiahs 10 v leeds all live…… could french have had 10 if hed stayed on?Only downer was mago should never of passed with the line at his mercy
Yep, me too. The Swinton game was at Gigg Lane back in the day.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield