Bevan French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
StanleyJean1

Re: Bevan French

Post by StanleyJean1 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:37 am He did five separate interviews after the game! Why couldn’t he give one interview to five mikes is beyond me. He couldn’t get away from the corporate lounges to be with his family.

Was speaking to his Step-Dad & Uncle after the game. They were thrilled to be here & are enjoying being in the North West. They really like the people here too. They return home on Sunday.
Any scoops on wether he’s staying or not?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:51 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:37 am He did five separate interviews after the game! Why couldn’t he give one interview to five mikes is beyond me. He couldn’t get away from the corporate lounges to be with his family.

Was speaking to his Step-Dad & Uncle after the game. They were thrilled to be here & are enjoying being in the North West. They really like the people here too. They return home on Sunday.
Any scoops on wether he’s staying or not?
After the booing & barracking he got from some young fans & adults who managed to see him trying to get away from the stadium quietly I wouldn’t if it were me. It was disgraceful the way they chased & hounded him as he tried to get to Robin Park.

It was around 11.15 ish & he was the only one left out of all the players & staff, his family were waiting for him, he just only managed a quick shower & he hadn’t had a proper after match recovery with the fitness coaches after all the media interviews, five I was told by one of the club staff.

And before any of you ask why I was there, I was chatting to friends & some club staff who I don’t get chance to chat to before the game as always 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PJC

Post by PJC »

Josie…..What you observed from some fans leaves me speechless and disgusted.I feel that I need to ask you to clarify that I have read this about Bevan French as threads can sometimes be difficult to follow.
I was going to put a post on about the lack of media coverage on the main sports page on BBC about his tries.
pedro

Post by pedro »

from his interview last night it didnt sound too hopeful to me
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:31 am Josie…..What you observed from some fans leaves me speechless and disgusted.I feel that I need to ask you to clarify that I have read this about Bevan French as threads can sometimes be difficult to follow.
I was going to put a post on about the lack of media coverage on the main sports page on BBC about his tries.
Sorry but the only part of your post I understood was being shocked & speechless as was I, well maybe not as speechless 😉

I saw that there wasn’t much on the BBC website as well 🤨
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Can't honestly see bevan taking any notice of a few Kids. When earlier in the evening 10.000 fans idolised him. And as for having a quick shower and trying to get away quietly that's the price you going to have to pay on a few occasions in career especially if you're breaking records. Bet he never gave them a thought was a proud night for him and his family watching. And 100% sure it won't be a factor in if he signs or not over a few Kids
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:51 pm Can't honestly see bevan taking any notice of a few Kids. When earlier in the evening 10.000 fans idolised him. And as for having a quick shower and trying to get away quietly that's the price you going to have to pay on a few occasions in career especially if you're breaking records. Bet he never gave them a thought was a proud night for him and his family watching. And 100% sure it won't be a factor in if he signs or not over a few Kids
I know what you mean but it was still disgraceful behaviour.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:13 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:51 pm Can't honestly see bevan taking any notice of a few Kids. When earlier in the evening 10.000 fans idolised him. And as for having a quick shower and trying to get away quietly that's the price you going to have to pay on a few occasions in career especially if you're breaking records. Bet he never gave them a thought was a proud night for him and his family watching. And 100% sure it won't be a factor in if he signs or not over a few Kids
Couldn't agree more josie. Sadly even we have brainless morons.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:13 pm
Couldn't agree more josie. Sadly even we have brainless morons.
Exactly!
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

It was an I was there game that one ,very strange that the guy is in top form enjoying the fruits of his labour breaking records and Peet hooks him with nearly 25 minutes left. I thought Field was every bit as good as French last night aswell.