Bevan French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Bevan French

Post by moto748 »

Well, that's one take...
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

As amazing as it is to see such a talent, but for a short time...Ferguson?
No player is bigger than the club.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

MrAlex wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:36 pm Sad to say it, but French is insulting the club. Passing the buck to his agent.

Reminds me of Hanley, Edwards, Gregory competing for the £ back in the day.

I would love the guy to stay, but seriously...
Tell me a player who is not in it for the money and I will show you a liar. Good luck to them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MrAlex wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:36 pm Sad to say it, but French is insulting the club. Passing the buck to his agent.

Perhaps he’s just fed up of people badgering him as to what he is doing! He did five interviews on Friday night & everyone asked the same question.

I know I would be.

And in the next breath people say ‘Well, it’s a short career’!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:16 am

Perhaps he’s just fed up of people badgering him as to what he is doing! He did five interviews on Friday night & everyone asked the same question.

I know I would be.

And in the next breath people say ‘Well, it’s a short career’!!
Now there's an idea for a thread...."Ask Bevan..."

Upload the least likely / ridiculous questions that Bevan French should be asked.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Well "but seriously. .....what? I can't see how he's insulted the Club or passing "the Buck". He has an agent That's what an agent does but the "Buck" stays with the Player doesn't it?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Surely all players use an agent or equivalent to negotiate their future, simple business.

I don't see how French is insulting the club, to use a relevant comparison, Jackson Hastings seemed to almost encourage speculation on his future almost on a daily basis throughout his time at the club and thrown his own fifty pence worth in by using his own social media. The media will speculate about Bevan for sure, but I don't see anything in his actual conduct which warrants him being labeled as "insulting the club"!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Neither do I.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:58 amNeither do I.
Me neither 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I'm guessing that he feels responsible for the rest of his family even more so now, and that's possibly from a financial perspective as well as a proximity one.

So it's fair enough that he will be taking his time on getting something that's right for him and his family,

Hope he stays but wish him all the best whatever he chooses - as long as it's not Saints 😉