Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Well if Bevan is a liability, what is the skill set required for a competent winger? Clearly I'm missing something? To eclipse the record held by Lesley Vainikolo (who was quite a winger), is an achievement, but lets be frank, Bevan's ability and pace was established long before this.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:28 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:51 am Well the liability had a good game again last night!
It's a good job he's not viewed as a great player in certain quarters?
Perhaps there's a little bit of the green eyed monster in the purveyor's comment amongst the invincibilty thought of his/her own team?
Permission to be bewildered sir.
One person on here that went by the name of saint called French a liability and Saints would win comfortably by 20 at Magic.
Hope this helps?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:59 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:07 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 pm wasnt the phrase” a one trick pony”? Lol
No, he’s a liability & not a winger!
Yes i read that but didnt saint class french as a one trick pony? Im sure saint will clarify this
Don't hold your breath 😂😂😂
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Back to the subject of Wigan v Hull

We have a full back who creates doubt in the defence when he comes into the line and space for his winger. With KPP return in g we also have an offloading threat on that side too. Field has shown he can throw a great cut out pass to French on a number of occasions now.

I think it sets us up nicely for breaking down the better defences come playoff time.

If we can add Cooper and his offloading too I think we're in a great position for the back end of the season.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Bit late to the party but just watched the game on Wigan TV.

Superb performance all round, saints still going strong but we are building momentum at the right time. Going to be a cracking end to the season (injuries permitting!)

I noticed something odd don’t know if others saw it but Jai seemed to dive early for two of his try’s the one under the sticks would probably have been chalked off with video replay - seemed a very odd thing to do with no one near him.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anybody watching it on Wigan TV notice what a good game Robert Hicks had?

I thought he was outstanding the way he is constantly talking to the players, you don’t hear the referee on Sky playbacks.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Welski

Post by Welski »

I agree Josie I thought there was something up with the sound at first but it was actually quite interesting to hear him throughout the game.

Wasn’t sure if he was being arrogant at times with his assistants but I think it was more tongue in cheek
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welski wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:01 pm I agree Josie I thought there was something up with the sound at first but it was actually quite interesting to hear him throughout the game.

Wasn’t sure if he was being arrogant at times with his assistants but I think it was more tongue in cheek
He’s a nice bloke & has a wicked sense of humour 😂 I enjoyed listening to Rob as much as Milko 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:46 am Anybody watching it on Wigan TV notice what a good game Robert Hicks had?

I thought he was outstanding the way he is constantly talking to the players, you don’t hear the referee on Sky playbacks.
Absolutely. Watching it back, the things that struck me:

1. Isa was good, made some important tackles too.

2. Very little whistle-blowing. In fact, very little foul play at all. The game flowed nicely.

3. That French fella can play a bit.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:02 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:46 am Anybody watching it on Wigan TV notice what a good game Robert Hicks had?

Absolutely. Watching it back, the things that struck me:

1. Isa was good, made some important tackles too.

2. Very little whistle-blowing. In fact, very little foul play at all. The game flowed nicely.

3. That French fella can play a bit.
We are in the top three teams with the lowest foul play

The most ill-disciplined and disciplined sides in Super League revealed as the likes of Castleford Tigers, Leeds Rhinos and Wigan Warriors scrutinised

A number of sides have a huge amount of yellow and red cards whilst others have shown to have had great discipline throughout the 2022 season.

Let’s start with the good.

Wigan Warriors, Hull KR and Toulouse Olympique have had just three cards each over the course of 19 rounds so far, with Wigan being given one red and two yellows and the Robins and Toulouse three yellows with no reds.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/the-most ... sed-56245/