FRENCH NO DEAL DONE YET

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

FRENCH NO DEAL DONE YET

Post by Wigan Watcher »

NOT A RUMOUR
Just an update that came my way from a very very good contact!

Wigan have and still are talking to Frenchs agent. They have put an offer on the table for him. His agent is still talking with clubs down under looking for a better deal. French prefers to go back to Australia but is leaving it to his agent for the best deal. The Wigan deal would only be short if accepted. Wigan are not in a strong position regarding negotiations.

THERE HAD BEEN NO DEAL AGREED AS OF FRIDAY.

MrAlex

Re: FRENCH NO DEAL DONE YET

Post by MrAlex »

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

This is where all sources have to be taken on merit and will differ. No one lies or makes things up. Just different views. I know personally that French is quite happy to stay here his family is happy and wants him to stay here. There are a couple of stumbling blocks His living arrangements will have to be changed if he stays another 2years. My source tells me he as agreed most terms with something about payments in release clause being only thing needing sorting of that I don't need or want to know. That's my take. And will end with my favourite phrase. Never sit on the fence only time will tell who is right.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think its difficult to take anything on merit regarding Bevan's future.

Reality is X is going to post on here that 'Bevan is happy and terms are agreed, just polishing off a few points' and Y will then post 'Bevan is unsettled and is seeking an NRL deal' and both X and Y will claim they have reliable sources within the club (which might well be the case).

In addition, like the article above I've posted, the press will also speculate and report the 'situation'. This for me, is one that is resolved when Wigan Warriors release an official statement. I think we all remain optimistic and hopeful. Again, it similar to Jackson Hastings, one minute he's staying, next he's off!

I'm taking it day by day with my digits crossed! :D
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:40 pm I think its difficult to take anything on merit regarding Bevan's future.

Reality is X is going to post on here that 'Bevan is happy and terms are agreed, just polishing off a few points' and Y will then post 'Bevan is unsettled and is seeking an NRL deal' and both X and Y will claim they have reliable sources within the club (which might well be the case).

In addition, like the article above I've posted, the press will also speculate and report the 'situation'. This for me, is one that is resolved when Wigan Warriors release an official statement. I think we all remain optimistic and hopeful. Again, it similar to Jackson Hastings, one minute he's staying, next he's off!

I'm taking it day by day with my digits crossed! :D
Spot on I think we all are🤞🤞
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s getting to the point I don’t care if he stays or goes,he stays brilliant I’ll be back with season ticket next year and a nice glow that I was one of the lucky ones to have witnessed his feat the other night.

He goes,I’ll be there with season ticket next year,confident in the coaching staff and a very happy memory of the other night being one of the lucky ones to have witnessed his feat.

I’ll hold no brook if he goes home,I’ll wish him well but if he stays well all good too.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s a sign of how well Matty Peet has done that I’m not really worrying about French signing a new deal or not. Yes I absolutely want him to stay but we’ll be ok either way, as long as we keep making sure the lads are all close knit and working together. If he goes, he goes and we move on. It’ll free up a quota spot and he’ll be replaced. This time last year or the season before, there’s no way I’d have been saying that. I’d have been frantically waiting for updates on his situation.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I understand that the ball is in Bevan's court and we all want him to stay but how long is it before we get to the point where his prevarication affects our ability to sign another player or players? We'd probably not sign another winger anyway but if his cap space and quota spot suddenly become available, do we have targets in mind? Could we miss out on somebody because we need to keep cap space available for Bevan in case he decides to stay? Also, if he stays have we finished with signings for next season?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:11 pm I understand that the ball is in Bevan's court and we all want him to stay but how long is it before we get to the point where his prevarication affects our ability to sign another player or players? We'd probably not sign another winger anyway but if his cap space and quota spot suddenly become available, do we have targets in mind? Could we miss out on somebody because we need to keep cap space available for Bevan in case he decides to stay? Also, if he stays have we finished with signings for next season?
Yeh, thats the hard-headed approach that the board will have to take and it can't be far away.
As great as "Bevan's Seven" was, it will get the NRL sitting up and noticing and confirming that Hull should be interested even more.