Manly pride shirt

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Manly pride shirt

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

This thread will likely get Locked but understand that free speech is not permission for hate speech

The reason we have things like pride is it’s an opportunity to show the world that acceptance if you don’t you’re literally making a statement to say you dont accept someone for their sexuality

Think about it this way imagine there’s 2-3 15/16 year old gay rugby players in that manly academy- what mental effect do you think it would have on them to see this happen

And before anyone using the religion angle that the players are using it’s odd they are totally fine with gambling sponsors and playing in a stadium sponsored by alcohol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can't wait for the straight pride and white pride shirts to appear, hope they are as jazzy, Oh no, wait a minute :o :shock: :?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:26 am Can't wait for the straight pride and white pride shirts to appear, hope they are as jazzy, Oh no, wait a minute :o :shock: :?
Name a single country/place in the world it is illegal to be straight or being straight affords you less rights than being gay

Pride is still a form of protest
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:56 am This thread will likely get Locked but understand that free speech is not permission for hate speech

The reason we have things like pride is it’s an opportunity to show the world that acceptance if you don’t you’re literally making a statement to say you dont accept someone for their sexuality

Think about it this way imagine there’s 2-3 15/16 year old gay rugby players in that manly academy- what mental effect do you think it would have on them to see this happen

And before anyone using the religion angle that the players are using it’s odd they are totally fine with gambling sponsors and playing in a stadium sponsored by alcohol
That’s the trouble with people like you, everything is black or white. The reality is in a tolerant world you can hold the view that you disagree with someone’s preference but you don’t have to dislike or hate the person.
Your viewpoint only creates division.
So you see it’s people of your ilk that are intolerant.
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Ian Roberts has said the following,

"We can't vilify any of these players. Their right to refuse to play, you know, should be respected as well".

If he says it's Tuesday then it's Tuesday and I agree with him, plus as was mentioned on NRL 360, there will never be a pride round as too many players will refuse to play therefore corrupting the competition.

Like it or not the facts are that the gay movement has definitely got more attention in recent years but there's still a long way to go, most people over 40 will remember a time when a spade was a spade and in my opinion it was a better time.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Jeez Australia is a backwards place.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

mickali1 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:56 am This thread will likely get Locked but understand that free speech is not permission for hate speech

That’s the trouble with people like you, everything is black or white. The reality is in a tolerant world you can hold the view that you disagree with someone’s preference but you don’t have to dislike or hate the person.
Your viewpoint only creates division.
So you see it’s people of your ilk that are intolerant.
I agree that it's not just a binary choice. Characterisations of everyone who doesn't share your pov (or your prejudices - we all have them!) are unhelpful. The helpful objective is to try to understand each others opinions.

Fwiw, by way of explanation, and without wanting to preach, Christian teaching in the Bible lists homosexuality as a sin . . . which is the result of rejecting God. (Romans 1: 21-27).
In the very next section, these other sins are also listed:
"envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice . . . they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy."

The conclusion is that we all sin in different ways, so "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things"

Another way of putting it, in the words of Jesus himself, is " Let him that is without sin cast the first stone."

Here endeth the lesson :)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I just read this online.

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements. If you’re not gay, you don’t have gay pride. Stop expecting other people to fly your flag.

I await the slagging off from various members even though this not my opinion
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:25 pm I just read this online.

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements. If you’re not gay, you don’t have gay pride. Stop expecting other people to fly your flag.

I await the slagging off from various members even though this not my opinion
To be fair no one needs to do any slagging off, I'm sure we can all have a discussion without getting to that stage. Personally, I disagree (rightly or wrongly) with your definition of pride as I know I have felt proud of my family and friends when they have achieved things in their lives, so I see no reason why I can't be proud of members of the LGBTQIA+ community who want to celebrate who they are. Sport should celebrate inclusivity for numerous reasons, so wearing a pride shirt for a round of the game is a no-brainer for me.

EDIT - think I misunderstood your post so sorry about that, I redirect my disagreement to the poster you quoted! :D
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Let me pose this question,

If the bible says homosexuality is a sin and God made man as a mirror image of himself then why is a man's G spot up his bottom?
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007