Ricky Leutele

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: Ricky Leutele

Post by southportcdm »

I hope you're right 1999. It would be great if wire start getting caught out by their willingness to out bid other clubs and pay over the odds for players. A real bonus if Wardle is still available too. I suppose it's not impossible that King may accept less from another club if he wants to play regularly.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:47 pm I hope you're right 1999. It would be great if wire start getting caught out by their willingness to out bid other clubs and pay over the odds for players. A real bonus if Wardle is still available too. I suppose it's not impossible that King may accept less from another club if he wants to play regularly.
In such a short career, I'm not sure he'd be willing to take less money at 26 years of age when he's guaranteed to be paid like a top centre until the end of 2025. He'd become a free agent at 29 years of age & likely get a deal somewhere in the top two divisions.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:33 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:47 pm I hope you're right 1999. It would be great if wire start getting caught out by their willingness to out bid other clubs and pay over the odds for players. A real bonus if Wardle is still available too. I suppose it's not impossible that King may accept less from another club if he wants to play regularly.
In such a short career, I'm not sure he'd be willing to take less money at 26 years of age when he's guaranteed to be paid like a top centre until the end of 2025. He'd become a free agent at 29 years of age & likely get a deal somewhere in the top two divisions.
Warrington could make a payment to him which would enable him to move to Huddersfield at no, or little, financial loss.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Does Leutele count on the quota? He was brought over when Toronto went bust so maybe is exempt from the quota regs?
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:01 pm Does Leutele count on the quota? He was brought over when Toronto went bust so maybe is exempt from the quota regs?
he was on the quota at toronto
pedro

Post by pedro »

Huddersfield Giants (7): Chris McQueen, Jack Cogger, Ricky Leutele, Luke Yates, Tui Lolohea, Danny Levi, Seb Ikahihifo
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:01 pm Does Leutele count on the quota? He was brought over when Toronto went bust so maybe is exempt from the quota regs?
That’s a very good point. I think the Toronto lads were exempt but I don’t know if it still holds.
Charriots Offiah

pedro wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:44 pm Huddersfield Giants (7): Chris McQueen, Jack Cogger, Ricky Leutele, Luke Yates, Tui Lolohea, Danny Levi, Seb Ikahihifo
Thanks for clearing that up Pedro.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:56 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:33 pm I'm not sure he'd be willing to take less money at 26 years of age when he's guaranteed to be paid like a top centre until the end of 2025.
Warrington could make a payment to him which would enable him to move to Huddersfield at no, or little, financial loss.
No loss to whom? Who's paying him this money then? Which club will he be playing for with this "buy-out"? Couldn't he (theoretically) sign for us or Saints or Leeds? Surely he would become a free agent and could sign for any team once "paid off" (my words)? Does that "buyout" not count on the salary cap? Are you saying this how wire sign players - on lump sum payouts once left? That these do not count because of a "loophole" no other club is aware of?

There's no doubt wire could offer an "incentive" for him to walk away from the deal he just signed with them. Is it likely he will want to lose all that money just to do them a favour though? So they can recruit another player in "his" ex-position? Money gone, deal gone and at a club he has little chance of ever being offered that amount again?

Even if you claim wire would pay a percentage of his wage for him to play for another few years at Huddersfield. Why would King agree to that and how would that financially benefit wire?

I understand players want to play, however coaches can be sacked all the time for any number of reasons. That does not always equate to any major team reshuffles every time a coach leaves though does it? There is something "deeper" going on at wire, you can see this from their buying and selling over the last few months - I'm personally not sure it will end well for DP

Imagine wire start miserably next season as the "faith" in Powell is terminated and the new coach wants Toby King? Are they going to pay the giants a transfer fee just to get the player back?

Unless something major happens. King will be a wire player next season - hie is after all signed up for another 3 years with them. How Daryl Powell deals with this fact WILL be interesting. Somehow I personally don't think he will have to
Back by demand.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

pedro wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:44 pm
he was on the quota at toronto

That may not matter, the fact that they went bust allowed may have allowed "quota" players to move on with exemptions. However if they move on a 2nd time that may revert to them becoming "quota" again?