Wigan Squad v HKR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Wigan Squad v HKR

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:34 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:19 pm
w.thomas wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:53 pm Some very good meters made by Ellis, Cooper and smithies, thought smithies was excellent. He’s come on leaps and bounds compared to partington IMO. Partington 6 carries for 25 meters….if anyone thinks that’s good enough for Wigan they need a check up from the neck up. Doesn’t get anywhere near the team for me.
Smithies is a new Isa but obviously younger and fitter.
Another reason why we need to let Isa go, let smithies take on from him and bring another second rower through from the academy.
There’s no one in the academy ready to step up yet. We lost the two guys who could have stepped up to Wire and Leeds respectively, which is a very worrying. Far more worrying than lads going to the NRL in my view as it smacks of Wigan not being willing, or unable, to match offers being made by our competitors!

As for Smithies, he is in a different class than Willie.
That’s what I meant. We should of let Isa go before the other two lads left.
They might not of been completely ready but we have batty, faz, smithies and KPP as well at the moment.
Isa isn’t getting any younger
doc

Re: Wigan Squad v HKR

Post by doc »

Nsemba has just signed a new contract so he will be the next second row coming through. Hope they sign Hill and Wood as the next two props to come through.