ARE WE WORRIED

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: ARE WE WORRIED

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:22 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:11 pm I think in all honesty wigan have always relied on individuals to win games for some time….. we are a structured team with onlya few allowed to express themselves……. This is why players like powell and isa are vital as they do the boring stuff that doesnt get the crowd excited……. I only saw two coaches that got us slightly away from this and that was maguire and lowe……once cust and faz gwt back too form , along with battys reurn( and possibly tommy) im sure we will be fine
Maguire was the king of structure........
I agree pal but maguire and lowes structure was about total team play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

When are Thornley, Tommy and Bateman due back?

I think we need to focus on getting second, rotate the squad a bit, give some players who may have some smaller injuries a rest then start to build momentum into the play offs.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:06 pm When are Thornley, Tommy and Bateman due back?

I think we need to focus on getting second, rotate the squad a bit, give some players who may have some smaller injuries a rest then start to build momentum into the play offs.
I second that.
boggart

Post by boggart »

We do have the players to do better up the middle, and, frankly, we need to. Now that Paddy Mago has scored his first try, he may get a taste for it, which has to be good. As Mat Peet says; with his size, strength and footwork he should be able to. I'm looking forward to it. Kaide Ellis needs to do more. A friend of mine used the phrase 'flat track bullies', which is what the Aussie cricketers called Graham Hick. That is, he was very good on easy wickets and against easy teams but struggled when a bit of dog was needed. I hope Wigan aren't like that, but they need to beat Saints, Catalans, Giants etc before that's certain.