Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Bevan French - STAYING

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:51 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:49 pm So is Luke Thompson the super secret signing you can't mention Dan?
I don't want to speak for Dan but no, he said the "secret" signing isn't a needle mover whereas Thompson would be. I thought it would be some squad player but I don't know how highly Dan rates Jake Wardle to see him in that bracket.

If the 2023 recruitment is Cooper, Thompson, Wardle AND this "secret" signing then I'm chuffed to bits.
I thought Dan said it was on the other page
I've all but said without saying the name who the other signing is... its not Thompson.

another user posted he rates the player highly but I said its a "steady" signing as id not seen too much of him until recently.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can we try & get back on topic please?

This is supposed to be about Bevan French not every other player who Wigan may or may not be interested in.

Thank you 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:21 pm Can we try & get back on topic please?

This is supposed to be about Bevan French not every other player who Wigan may or may not be interested in.

Thank you 😊
I shall try my best to bring relevance from the Thompson rumours -- if Bev has indeed verbally agreed to stay at the club barring significant NRL interest & we are STILL going for Thompson as the second marquee, does that mean he's taking less than expected?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:21 pm Can we try & get back on topic please?

Thank you 😊
I shall try my best to bring relevance from the Thompson rumours -- if Bev has indeed verbally agreed to stay at the club barring significant NRL interest & we are STILL going for Thompson as the second marquee, does that mean he's taking less than expected?
Firestarter has opened a new thread re new player. Please post on there if it’s not about Bevan French. Thank you 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So without going through the rest of the thread Beven still not signed then I take it?

Isn't it a little bit worrying?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 am So without going through the rest of the thread Beven still not signed then I take it?

Considering all that's been mentioned yes it is worrying, a deal had been agreed and has been for a while, but they must still be waiting on potential NRL offers to arrive on the back of the current interest.

In his position though, if you're currently as in form as he is do you sign the current deal on offer or do you force the clubs hand to try get a better deal? As far as I'm aware Wigan have made him a fantastic offer to stay, but it is not Marquee level. We would still have at least 2 higher earners that I know of, plus the recruitment for next year wont be finished so we cant just keep increasing our offer to Bevan.

Gut feeling is he still signs for Wigan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 am So without going through the rest of the thread Beven still not signed then I take it?

Considering all that's been mentioned yes it is worrying, a deal had been agreed and has been for a while, but they must still be waiting on potential NRL offers to arrive on the back of the current interest.

In his position though, if you're currently as in form as he is do you sign the current deal on offer or do you force the clubs hand to try get a better deal? As far as I'm aware Wigan have made him a fantastic offer to stay, but it is not Marquee level. We would still have at least 2 higher earners that I know of, plus the recruitment for next year wont be finished so we cant just keep increasing our offer to Bevan.

Gut feeling is he still signs for Wigan
He is,as you say on fire at the moment but for me he along with Field have found their home here in super league,the Aussies seem to have a lab that churns our freakish sized lads to play fullback and the on the wing,sometimes,nd again I speak for myself you go with the devil you know and I hope that’s what Bevan does in the end,but I do feel time is marching on and decision must be made at some point.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

From what I've gathered from secondary information, Bevan French will not play for another SL team & will only move to the NRL if he is to leave Wigan -- which I'm sure all Wigan fans whole heartedly understand & respect.

He'll be a top scoring winger wherever he plays as proven by his outstanding record in both the NRL & SL so I think it just comes down to homesickness/seeing family vs. winning trophies unless he can get a spot in the likes of Penrith or Sydney.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

In his interview after the Hull KR game Jemma asked him about his contract although tight lipped about it he did say that it was nearing completion.Brian Carney said his gut feeling he was staying at Wigan.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

jaws1 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:37 am In his interview after the Hull KR game Jemma asked him about his contract although tight lipped about it he did say that it was nearing completion.Brian Carney said his gut feeling he was staying at Wigan.
He said recently "Hopefully it will be decided in the very near future. There are only 8-9 games left & I want to try & sort that out as soon as I can I think." I do honestly think it's the simple case of waiting to see if any concrete NRL interest is there before committing long term to Wigan.