Other player

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: Other player

Post by nathan_rugby »

Jonh wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:04 pm Bibby signed months ago, I’m sure it was in the press at the time as a strong rumour.

When a coach comes out and says they are still pursuing and actually names a player like Watson has Bibby recently you know it’s a done deal.

Bibby has taken a big pay increase to go to Wigan, I think we wanted to keep him but simply wouldn’t compete with the offer.

I like him and I think he is a good squad player but not one worth breaking the bank for.

Centre is clearly an issue at Wigan bringing in Wardle solved one issue for probably the next 10 years, Halsall needs to show he can be the other option or probably move on after 2023 for his own benefit.
Is Thornley contracted beyond 2023?

We may have the luxury of giving Halsall next year to cement his place. It’s really tough for some players because there isn’t a good level below super league to get people ready.

Some hit the ground running in super league whereas others don’t. It doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t good enough but some take a bit longer.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:24 pm
Jonh wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:04 pm Bibby signed months ago, I’m sure it was in the press at the time as a strong rumour.

When a coach comes out and says they are still pursuing and actually names a player like Watson has Bibby recently you know it’s a done deal.

Bibby has taken a big pay increase to go to Wigan, I think we wanted to keep him but simply wouldn’t compete with the offer.

I like him and I think he is a good squad player but not one worth breaking the bank for.

Centre is clearly an issue at Wigan bringing in Wardle solved one issue for probably the next 10 years, Halsall needs to show he can be the other option or probably move on after 2023 for his own benefit.
Is Thornley contracted beyond 2023?

We may have the luxury of giving Halsall next year to cement his place. It’s really tough for some players because there isn’t a good level below super league to get people ready.

Some hit the ground running in super league whereas others don’t. It doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t good enough but some take a bit longer.
Thats a good question and im not sure….. we still cant be certain that the player dan stated was wardle….. im sure it will be a centre no matter what….. hopefully we get two centres but halsall does deserve a run
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think Thornley signed on a two year deal, not aware of any options in the club/players favour to extend the current deal.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:54 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 am

Hope so…… i rate him highly…… hopefully keep bibby as well
Let's keep this discussion short because this thread is about rumours/signings but what do some of you see in Jake Bibby?

He is a passenger in attack because he's not athletic enough to be an "X factor" [short & slow] & plays more like a winger than centre. And in defence, we have all seen him cost us games by jumping out of the line for no apparent reason on numerous occassions.

Nothing personal against the guy & I'm glad he's got a big contract at Huddersfield but where is the appeal?
Load of twaddle. He isn't slow and your over stating his defence, I remember last year he got grief after a match for that and it had been his centre jamming in to soon that caused it and not Bibby.

He's so average that his previous coach who is now in a position to spend money and to all accounts has a title contenting side this year has pulled out the stops to sign him.

I stand by my previous comments that if he was an ex NRL player and had turned in the performances he has for us no one would complain but because he's was the 'cheap' option from Salford we see stuff like this all the time.
Well said 👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think you mean Huddersfield there!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:08 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:05 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm I know plenty, but don’t post anymore because of outburst Dan receives!
I know you do josie and going off your face i know the answer to the question i asked you……. Im sure you remember
Yes but things may change just yet 😊
Is this in relation to the rumoured NRL offer & Wigan improving theirs Josie?
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 pm

Yes I did.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jonh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:13 am

Yes I did.
He wanted to stay but what do you do when offered significantly more money!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 am

Yes I did.
Shame as Bibby is a very underrated player in my book,one who will be missed more than others who leave.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 am

Yes I did.
Shame as Bibby is a very underrated player in my book,one who will be missed more than others who leave.
He's extremely expandable. Sometimes I don't even realise he's playing until he makes a defensive mistake.