KPP

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: KPP

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:06 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:22 am It's one hell of a good problem to have having so many back rowers who would make near enough any SL starting team

May be controversial but I'd happily see Batty leave if it meant KPP staying long term. He hasn't been half the player he was pre Oz for whatever reason.

A back row of Faz KPP and Smithies is exciting as owt but I don't see Bateman or Smithies being a bench type player. Both play big minutes
How long do you reckon Faz has?
He's 32 in a few days. I can see him easily making another couple of years
And easy…… hes fit as a butchers dog….. i reckon at least 3
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:06 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am

How long do you reckon Faz has?
He's 32 in a few days. I can see him easily making another couple of years
And easy…… hes fit as a butchers dog….. i reckon at least 3
Given he's just signed a contract till 2025, I'd say that's pretty accurate
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Blackpool_Pie

KPP

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Excellent the other night against Wire. Best I've seen him. Hard runs, offloads and good solid D.

Having him fit and firing at the business end of the season is a real bonus
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

He s best game yet, I'd say
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PJC

Post by PJC »

Any news about his future ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PJC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 am Any news about his future ?
He insists he has another year on his contract but that doesn’t mean anything to the greedy agents!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:10 am
PJC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 am Any news about his future ?
He insists he has another year on his contract but that doesn’t mean anything to the greedy agents!
The agents won't do anything unless the players want to make the move, it would be a monumental waste of their time.
If however the players says "I wouldn't mind a move to Aus" or the club doesn't offer them a longer term or better deal or even no deal then it's the agents job to get them a move, sometimes the clubs actually encourage and help players to move on.

It's the agents job to get the best deals for their players.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think it's clear he wants to try his hand at the NRL,these rumours just won't go away will they and as such he's using wigan to get the best prep to help him achieve that goal,nothing wrong with that either as he seems a clear headed young lad with set goals and if he does go it'll be a shame for sure but sooner him stay in league than head to union.

I hope his agent gets him a good deal when the time comes.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I rate him massively but I still think he’s quite raw and needs plenty of improvement across the board. The ceiling on his talent is huge but he’s nowhere near a finished product yet. At the very minimum he should do another year here and realistically, I think he’s be wise to do another 2 or 3 before going. It would be a real shame if he went and then got stuck in reserve grade for a couple of years.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Definitely get him to see out his present contract, perhaps we'll then be able to get him to sign another one. As long as he's 'our player' anything can happen even changing his mind about going to Oz so soon. Any transfer fee that Newcastle may pay is not worth the loss of such a promising talent. You never know what the squad situation may be this time next year what with injuries etc. The rumour is that he strongly prefers backrow to centre and, if he continue to develop, he may be able to force his way into being first choice by the end of next season. In his interview on sky he wouldn't commit to saying that he strongly preferred playing backrow to centre but perhaps he was just being careful to say the right thing on t.v. I know this shouldn't be the most important thing but he's also a really nice bloke.