Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Bevin French gone to Newcastle Knights

Post by Wigan Watcher »

There are only four people who know the offer made to French from Wigan

You really do need to chill.

I wonder if we will ever see the interview tapes they made of French talking about his new deal with Wigsn they made!!!!

Come on!!!!!!!

Blimey some people just make it up as they go along!! I will not comment further out of respect to everyone. I suppose there is no harm in what you put on here.
I wish you well.

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:49 pm There are only four people who know the offer made to French from Wigan

You really do need to chill.

I wonder if we will ever see the interview tapes they made of French talking about his new deal with Wigsn they made!!!!

Come on!!!!!!!

Blimey some people just make it up as they go along!! I will not comment further out of respect to everyone. I suppose there is no harm in what you put on here.
I wish you well.
Probably film new ones to be honest to talk about the NRL Interest and turning them down for Wigan (If he does indeed sign) takes next to no doing to get a player to sit in the stand and record an interview.
God2

Post by God2 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:14 pm
God2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:53 pm We need to keep him even if it means offloading a number of players to do so. I could think of at least 6 players in my opinion we could offload to ease the cap space, some will be unpopular choices for some so I’m keeping that to myself.

If we can offer Williams the biggest pay day the club has ever seen, then why not French? If they don’t then I don’t know what to say. He could have a shocker and still be better than most on the day.

Money can turn the heads of the most adament person with his or her heart set on something. He’s been thru the worst adversity anyone could ever have gone thru regarding his family, but in the long term the money offered could set not just him up but his whole family up for life.

And from what I can gather, reading in between lines from comments made, he looks after & supports all his family financially.
Exactly why accept an inferior NRL contract when he could be set for life here with the right deal. The Sterling is stronger than the AUS $$. Newcastle won’t give him a million dollar contract.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

God2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:21 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:14 pm
God2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:53 pm We need to keep him even if it means offloading a number of players to do so. I could think of at least 6 players in my opinion we could offload to ease the cap space, some will be unpopular choices for some so I’m keeping that to myself.

If we can offer Williams the biggest pay day the club has ever seen, then why not French? If they don’t then I don’t know what to say. He could have a shocker and still be better than most on the day.

Money can turn the heads of the most adament person with his or her heart set on something. He’s been thru the worst adversity anyone could ever have gone thru regarding his family, but in the long term the money offered could set not just him up but his whole family up for life.

And from what I can gather, reading in between lines from comments made, he looks after & supports all his family financially.
Exactly why accept an inferior NRL contract when he could be set for life here with the right deal. The Sterling is stronger than the AUS $$. Newcastle won’t give him a million dollar contract.
The pound is getting weaker and weaker in comparison to the AUD, it’s been over 3 to the pound in this century but is now at a low of around 1.7. If it keeps heading that way taking a deal over here today will be worth a lot less to him back home in a few years time.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Why is there this constant need to get into a 🍆 measuring contest, let’s be fair and say there is a few on here in the know, all keep posting as we enjoy reading but wind your necks in with each other on the my dad knows more than your dad in regards to how many i’s and how many t’s are in the contract and how many people have seen it🤷 Doesn’t really matter, hope he signs though!!! 🤣🤙
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wes wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:07 pm Why is there this constant need to get into a 🍆 measuring contest, let’s be fair and say there is a few on here in the know, all keep posting as we enjoy reading but wind your necks in with each other on the my dad knows more than your dad in regards to how many i’s and how many t’s are in the contract and how many people have seen it🤷 Doesn’t really matter, hope he signs though!!! 🤣🤙
Nicely put 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Amazing player!

For me its simple, id imagine the club have presented a fairly healthy offer to Bevan! Reality is, if the lad is homesick or simply wants to try his hand in the NRL again, money doesn't always talk!

He stays, he goes......always be fondly recalled by myself!
Wes

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Wes »

Taking a wee while this one, you’ve got to start thinking the longer it goes on the less positive for us it gets, great player and I hope he stays but are we now a safety net?🤷
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wes wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:21 pm Taking a wee while this one, you’ve got to start thinking the longer it goes on the less positive for us it gets, great player and I hope he stays but are we now a safety net?🤷
True but all good things worth waiting for.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

About time our esteemed owner gave him an ultimatum, We could be missing out on targets with this uncertainty, No player is bigger than the club.