SITE RULES?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: SITE RULES?

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
Fraggle posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
Is this topic about RL??
Yep, we were at a Wigan match. You can't get much more on-topic than that... :D
I meant the whole "Site Rules" thread.
Surely discussions about how the site is managed have to be relevant? It was a legitimate concern about the non-topic posts, and if such concerns are not posted on the message board then how can they be voiced? :conf:

If nothing else, the subject title pretty much summed up what the thread was going to be about. If you don't want to read about that subject you could ignore it.

As Rob notes somewhere, this place can't be 100% limited to Wigan RL discussion. It is inevitable that some off-topic messages will be posted from time-to-time but part of our job as moderators is to make sure there is no deliberate trolling going on, prevent people firing abusive messages at each other and stopping the place getting totally out-of-hand.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Fraggle posted:
MrsLam posted:
Fraggle posted:
I was indeed stood/standing at the right of the sticks, fairly low down at the Salford match, with another notable personage from here. What did I look like (apart from cold?)? Seems a strange question but I know what I look like so can verify the description, but don't know what you look like so couldn't comment!
Erm! Don't take offense, I'm a tall lady so you were smaller...do you have long hair? Not sure exactly what you were wearing, my eyes were blurry from the cold. I only saw 'you' at half time not sure if anyone was with you then. I was with my little little sis and my little sis' friend + my boyfriend but he was further up than 'you' and only came down before the match, half time and full time.
I'm a bit of a dwarf (fraggles aren't the tallest beings) and yes, I have long hair so that probably was me. The over-padded leather bike jacket would have been the real giveaway, although if you're really bothered there's a picture of "the real me" attached to the website linked to my profile.... You should have come over and said hello, you'd have got to meet our illustrious webmaster as well! And if it wasn't me then I'm sure whoever it was would have been happy to say hello - the entertainment was hardly interesting!
Yessss there was a leather jacket I remember that and that's why I thought it was you, i remember you saying on here about leather jackets! Didn't see Mike though, I think I know what he looks like maybe he'd gone for a gorgeous hotdog mmmm. Next time I'll come and jump on you!..Or maybe just say hi :D

Adrenalin, quite ironic that I'm not talking proper RL in this thread. Didn't even realised I'd done it.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Yessss there was a leather jacket I remember that and that's why I thought it was you, i remember you saying on here about leather jackets! Didn't see Mike though, I think I know what he looks like maybe he'd gone for a gorgeous hotdog mmmm. Next time I'll come and jump on you!..Or maybe just say hi :D
You'd better warn your boyfriend first if you're going to jump on people, I wouldn't want there to be any misunderstandings... :o
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Fraggle posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
Fraggle posted: Yep, we were at a Wigan match. You can't get much more on-topic than that... :D
I meant the whole "Site Rules" thread.
Surely discussions about how the site is managed have to be relevant? It was a legitimate concern about the non-topic posts, and if such concerns are not posted on the message board then how can they be voiced? :conf:

If nothing else, the subject title pretty much summed up what the thread was going to be about. If you don't want to read about that subject you could ignore it.

As Rob notes somewhere, this place can't be 100% limited to Wigan RL discussion. It is inevitable that some off-topic messages will be posted from time-to-time but part of our job as moderators is to make sure there is no deliberate trolling going on, prevent people firing abusive messages at each other and stopping the place getting totally out-of-hand.
A simple yes or no would have been sufficient
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

adrenalinxx posted:
Fraggle posted:
adrenalinxx posted: I meant the whole "Site Rules" thread.

A simple yes or no would have been sufficient
ARGH I was talking about this with my Saints friend yesterday. She says people on the RLfans board do yes no answers and they're pointless. They don't refer to anything and they take up space. I hate one worded posts or anything else that looks MSNish. "Lol" "good one" "yeah" GRRRR

Fraggle, I wouldn't worry about misunderstandings he's a very lovely laid back lad, infact he'd probably jump on you first, not saying he's that way inclined or owt.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

As a fairly new user (due to only having PC at home since crimbo) I was only trying to point out how annoying it is at times to see messages that have obviuosly been posted either to wind people up, or have no relevence whatsoever.
If nothing else, it has caused a fairly consistent reaction regarding certain users and how messages are typed. In reality, ignoring these messages is probably the easiest way to stop the posting as these people would soon get fed up.
My main concern was that this site could end up like AN Other web page which seems to be full of little kiddies with limited vocabulary!
Anyway, I'll be in the bar before and after the game and if anyone knows Nine, I am sure she will introduce me to you
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

FROM A TO B posted:
As a fairly new user (due to only having PC at home since crimbo) I was only trying to point out how annoying it is at times to see messages that have obviuosly been posted either to wind people up, or have no relevence whatsoever.
If nothing else, it has caused a fairly consistent reaction regarding certain users and how messages are typed. In reality, ignoring these messages is probably the easiest way to stop the posting as these people would soon get fed up.
My main concern was that this site could end up like AN Other web page which seems to be full of little kiddies with limited vocabulary!
Anyway, I'll be in the bar before and after the game and if anyone knows Nine, I am sure she will introduce me to you
Don't worry about that, us moderators are around most of the time to stop it getting that far. We do try to keep it RL based but more recently there has been a lot of this one sentence/word replies similar to a insant messenger type chat. That's what I hate seeing because it adds absolutely nothing to a discussion and normally the people doing it have MSN etc and talk to each other on that and so there's not really any need to talk about it on here other than to bump up their posts.

There's hardly ever a time that insults or swearing will get past us, except for the WNAC time when I didn't just ignore it, I genuinely hadn't been online all weekend. Other than that, it's not likely that this will become an RLfans type chat room, Mike sees when a user consistently annoys people for no reason and they're usually blocked. This sites grown a lot in the short time I've been here, there was never as many users as there are now so it's not as easy to read every single post which is another reason why I HATE instant messenger type replies!!!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

What do people think of Metaphysical poetry? You can't beat John Donne can you?
Nine

Post by Nine »

FROM A TO B posted:
I don't dislike any of them that much. :D

Dai - where do you stand on gritty, depressive realism e.g. Philip Larkin's This Be The Verse? "Man hands on misery to man/ It deepens like a coastal shelf/ Get out as quickly as you can / And don't have any kids yourself". Can't say it reflects my mindset but it does capture some of the zeitgeist of certain messageboards when Wigan's lost, eh? :wink:
Squad number 18!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

MrsLam posted:
Fraggle, I wouldn't worry about misunderstandings he's a very lovely laid back lad, infact he'd probably jump on you first, not saying he's that way inclined or owt.
:lol: :lol: Ahh Dan hehe
Speaking of Fraggles, you sit kind of near me at the rugby ( i know its you because i was walking behind you and you had "Fraggle" on the back of your shirt), unless there are of course two of you. Think you'd be a bit scared if MrsL were to say hello, but just to confuse her you should always ask her to explain what snow is made of :wink:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3