Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Re: Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Post by southportcdm »

Let's give him a chance. As others have posted, this is a response to Thornley's injury and wasn't planned. It's a loan deal, I'm sure they must be paying some of his wages and he is at least a real centre. If it turns out he's not up to the job Halsall could step in and we've only got him for a year. The rumours seem to be that we have another centre already secured. If King is one of a pair, it could be good news. If he got too big for his boots last season he's probably learnt his lesson and he knows that won't be tolerated at the Warriors. We were interested last season so the coaching staff must have seen something they liked. I think this is a low risk signing and let's be honest, he should play more than Iain has this season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:26 pm Wigan have played a blinder there, not a single leak.
No Damn Straw hinted at it last week.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:41 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:26 pm Wigan have played a blinder there, not a single leak.
They have Dan. But do you think it's because it's a bit underwhelming of a centre signing good thing is only loan for a season probably just to give our young centres another season. I thought wardle was nailed on. Looks like wire got best of us again. Whoever's pulling strings there certainly knows what there doing.
It’s widely rumoured that Wardle is a done deal signing for us.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I'm not sure it could be made clearer without actually spelling W-A-R-D-L-E , who our other centre is going to be next year. 😄
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

CobraCraig wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 pm
They have Dan. But do you think it's because it's a bit underwhelming of a centre signing good thing is only loan for a season probably just to give our young centres another season. I thought wardle was nailed on. Looks like wire got best of us again. Whoever's pulling strings there certainly knows what there doing.
It’s widely rumoured that Wardle is a done deal signing for us.
On balance, this is a solid signing.

He was chased by many teams last year so he has the potential and we can bring it out, if not then he goes elsewhere the season after and we have developed Halsall/KPP/Nsemba into a decent centre in the meantime.

I'll admit I'd be more excited if we announced Wardle but in some respects Wardle is still a work in progress, all be it a very exciting one.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I did hint on the rumours Leutele thread.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:51 pm
They have Dan. But do you think it's because it's a bit underwhelming of a centre signing good thing is only loan for a season probably just to give our young centres another season. I thought wardle was nailed on. Looks like wire got best of us again. Whoever's pulling strings there certainly knows what there doing
Do remind me of how George Williams is doing again? And Jack Hughes, Charnley before leaving for Leigh etc? They are currently sat 10th in the table with the very real possibility of finishing above only Toulouse come the end of the season.
All the players you named where class when they left wigan. And we didn't want any of them to go. As for Williams if you think he's no good. Then sorry you're deluded. With signings they have made if they jell next season you will see a different Williams and wire they will take some beating.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:01 pm
Well played pal, completely forgot about that 👏🏼
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:03 pm
StanleyJean1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:51 pm

They have Dan. But do you think it's because it's a bit underwhelming of a centre signing good thing is only loan for a season probably just to give our young centres another season. I thought wardle was nailed on. Looks like wire got best of us again. Whoever's pulling strings there certainly knows what there doing
Do remind me of how George Williams is doing again? And Jack Hughes, Charnley before leaving for Leigh etc? They are currently sat 10th in the table with the very real possibility of finishing above only Toulouse come the end of the season.
All the players you named where class when they left wigan. And we didn't want any of them to go. As for Williams if you think he's no good. Then sorry you're deluded. With signings they have made
if
they jell next season you will see a different Williams and wire they will take some beating.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:26 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:01 pm
Well played pal, completely forgot about that 👏🏼
I’d happily have Leutele King partnership next season with Halsall rotating