Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:54 pm
Jonh wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:40 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:35 am

heard the same, we were however interested before he renewed at Warrington
This is the problem with these little non committal comments ie not naming Wardle but just hanging pure speculation out there.

Other deals are going on in the background like the King deal for example.

Rumours sweep through the town and rugby league community very quickly by just throwing out leading statements it can affect other players and the clubs ability to negotiate with players who are on their radar particularly if they are on contract.

It may seem inconsequential but like Chinese whispers these “in the know” comments without actually naming people involved but that are taken as gospel by others and quickly become fact can cause real issues.
Ill just not post in future if I cant name the player then, just thought letting fans know we were active and had signed a player, then hinting very clearly to who the player is would get a bit of excitement going and to let fans know the club were active recruitment wise.
Dan, I’ve told you before, just ignore these odd posters that just want to put you down. I think the majority of posters are very happy with your posts & the information you share 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:02 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:35 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:32 am I believe we are not interest in King.
heard the same, we were however interested before he renewed at Warrington
Peets just confirmed this
Yes he did 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Toby King before he signed his contract was a very, very promising top level centre offensively & defensively.

Then he fell off a cliff after getting paid whether that was coincidental or complacency. Still only 26 but a loan is weird.
pedro

Post by pedro »

wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:02 pm Toby King before he signed his contract was a very, very promising top level centre offensively & defensively.

Then he fell off a cliff after getting paid whether that was coincidental or complacency. Still only 26 but a loan is weird.
just means we dont have to pay a fee
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Reiterated again to me this morning that Wigan know where Bevan will be playing in 2023 - Wigan. But as of yet nothing is signed as there are a few small details that need sorting out (separate to the agreed contract)

Couple weeks ago I was told they knew where he would be playing but I wasn't told where that would be. Today, they’ve said it will be Wigan.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 am Reiterated again to me this morning that Wigan know where Bevan will be playing in 2023 - Wigan. But as of yet nothing is signed as there are a few small details that need sorting out (separate to the agreed contract)

Couple weeks ago I was told they knew where he would be playing but I wasn't told where that would be. Today, they’ve said it will be Wigan.
Really hope this is true
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

CobraCraig wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:31 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 am Reiterated again to me this morning that Wigan know where Bevan will be playing in 2023 - Wigan. But as of yet nothing is signed as there are a few small details that need sorting out (separate to the agreed contract)

Really hope this is true
I believe the source 100% as always, but it all comes down to what he has being told and if that is correct. I assume it is I have no reason to doubt it, apart from the fact this has all dragged on and can change in an instant as the NRL offer proved. I am lead to believe the conditions to be sorted out are around some of Bevans family members who may be moving to the UK
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:33 am

Really hope this is true
I believe the source 100% as always, but it all comes down to what he has being told and if that is correct. I assume it is I have no reason to doubt it, apart from the fact this has all dragged on and can change in an instant as the NRL offer proved. I am lead to believe the conditions to be sorted out are around some of Bevans family members who may be moving to the UK
Any chance it could be announced before tomorrow's game? Imagine how revved up that would get the atmosphere
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:14 am

Really hope this is true
Any chance it could be announced before tomorrow's game? Imagine how revved up that would get the atmosphere
I do wonder if "something" will be announced tomorrow as King was announced early in the week, I'd expect that to have been done on a game day?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:22 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:14 am

I do wonder if "something" will be announced tomorrow as King was announced early in the week, I'd expect that to have been done on a game day?
With all due respect to King, I don't see him as an exciting 'announcement' style player.