Match Preview: St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith

Re: Match Preview: St Helens

Post by archiekeith »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:16 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:54 pm

Interesting, I've just watched it and thought it pretty much confirmed he was off to Oz. Of course I hope he stays.

I think Field is a massive, massive signing for Wigan though. Quite possibly the quickest player ever in a Wigan shirt, and a fair bit of skill too.
See I presumed he was going and the way he worded it it sounded like if his family part is sorted he's staying.

Without being political we could lose French to post Brexit immigration requirements/process if his family is trying to move.
I VERY much doubt if Brexit leads to it being more difficult to bring in Australians (and I voted Remain!)

🙄 Seems to me that caboosegg's post is harmlessly oxymoronic but wintergreen put him straight so to speak 😀 Well said Saint unbiased comments always appreciated.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:41 am
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:16 pm

See I presumed he was going and the way he worded it it sounded like if his family part is sorted he's staying.

Without being political we could lose French to post Brexit immigration requirements/process if his family is trying to move.
I VERY much doubt if Brexit leads to it being more difficult to bring in Australians (and I voted Remain!)

🙄 Seems to me that caboosegg's post is harmlessly oxymoronic but wintergreen put him straight so to speak 😀 Well said Saint unbiased comments always appreciated.
Not at all, I'm not on about changes to freedom of movement, which obviously don't impact Australia.

However overall it has become more difficult to enter and live in the UK for everyone. The amount of time it takes application's to be processed alone.

As I said my post wasn't political part,the info is easy to find if you spend to seconds on Google.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

No one - well maybe Isa - had a bad game. Cooper was outstanding - O'Neill proved a lot of doubters wrong - Marshall - give him player of the season now. As good a night to be a Wigan fan as possible. As for Faz's try? - magic!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:02 pm No one - well maybe Isa - had a bad game. Cooper was outstanding - O'Neill proved a lot of doubters wrong - Marshall - give him player of the season now. As good a night to be a Wigan fan as possible. As for Faz's try? - magic!
Cust was poor defensively in the first half.
Charriots Offiah

Suzieb wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:27 am What do people think about KPP at centre I’m not to sure I think Bateman helps him out a bit.
I was surprised KPP didn't play opposite Hurrell. He will be back in the pack in the future given Faz's injury.
Charriots Offiah

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:59 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:04 pm Great win.

Surely to be expected given Saints injuries?

Oh wait, we also have 4 of our starting 13 out in Bibby, Thornley, Tommy and Powell as well as Ethan Havard.
Thought exactly the same when I just read the BBC report:
Saints, without key injured duo Tommy Makinson (knee) and Will Hopoate (hamstring)
Even The St Helens Star are in on it!

'He highlighted where he felt his team needs to improve in the coming weeks, though that was being said knowing his side was depleted with almost ‘a third of his squad’ sat in the stands unavailable'.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/207 ... -comments/
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Thought the forwards stoid up well last night contrary to some comments elsewhere, but I try to be positive.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Charriots Offiah

Sironen and Knowles suspended.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:30 pm Sironen and Knowles suspended.
And to think our chairman made Willie Isa apologise to fans for far less than these two did,embarrassing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Two players banned following the Wigan Warriors/Saints Derby

St Helens’ Morgan Knowles and Curtis Sironen will both miss Monday’s Super League match against Wakefield Trinity through suspension.

The forwards have received one-match bans for Grade A careless high tackle offences in the first half of Friday’s derby defeat at Wigan Warriors.

Both Knowles and Sironen were only returning from suspension for the match; Knowles has now been banned three times this season, and Sironen five times in total.

Saints failed to secure the League Leaders’ Shield because of the loss at the DW Stadium, but can do so on home turf with victory over Wakefield.

Meanwhile, Hull KR hooker Jez Litten has appealed against his two-match ban for a Grade C dangerous throw in his side’s defeat at Wakefield.

Litten is challenging the grading of the challenge on Lewis Murphy in the second half of the game on Thursday.

His appeal will be heard on Wednesday 31 August, so if successful he will be available for the season-ending Hull derby next Saturday.

Jimmy Keinhorst of Hull KR has accepted his two-match ban and will miss the rest of the season, while Hull FC’s Brad Fash and Leeds Rhinos’ Aidan Sezer have accepted one-game suspensions.

https://www.totalrl.com/two-players-ban ... ens-derby/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan