Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by jaws1 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:15 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm I have heard Wigan are trying to sort accommodation for Bevins family to stay in the UK with him hope its true
Heard similar but not as much detail, good signs
Why is it up to the club to do this? Can French not contact an estate agent in the area he wants his family to live and find one that’s affordable rent wise?

It’s a nice gesture by the club but why can’t French do it? Does he just need support because he’s still fairly young and doesn’t know much about the property market etc?
I think the Club is trying to fix up a work permit rather than accomadation which is the easy part .Its the work permit the problem not accomadation.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm I have heard Wigan are trying to sort accommodation for Bevins family to stay in the UK with him hope its true
Why is it up to the club to do this? Can French not contact an estate agent in the area he wants his family to live and find one that’s affordable rent wise?

It’s a nice gesture by the club but why can’t French do it? Does he just need support because he’s still fairly young and doesn’t know much about the property market etc?
Why not though the club will no doubt have someone to fix this sort this stuff out..I know I'd sooner have Bevan on the field of play rather than zoopla looking for houses.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It's pretty standard practice with employers to offer support with relocation if you are relocating to another country and isn't a gesture. Happens all the time at the company I work for(or it did pre-Covid people relocating has come to a grinding halt since) . The question shouldn't be "why is it up to the club to do this" but are they offering assistance? Hopefully they are.

I doubt many Aussies born and raised there are familiar with the UK property market no matter jhow old they are just as I have no idea how the property market in Australia works.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

According to the font of all knowledge (who continues to get players names wrong) Terry O'connor French is playing for Newcastle Nights next year. How come he knows before the Wigan fans?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:20 pm According to the font of all knowledge (who continues to get players names wrong) Terry O'connor French is playing for Newcastle Nights next year. How come he knows before the Wigan fans?
He said if the rumours are right
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

I don't think he did. He said it as fact!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:33 pm I don't think he did. He said it as fact!
He didn’t
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:33 pm I don't think he did. He said it as fact!
He didn’t
He did
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:49 am
He didn’t
He did
I wouldn't listen to a word they say, they said last night they don't know where Millar is going when its common knowledge he's off to Cas, they don't know Bibby and Partington are leaving either, so how do they know French is going other than going off the media speculation.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:49 am
He didn’t
He did
You’ve just said above “if the rumours are right” and now you’re agreeing with Bon the Builder who said it was fact?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."