POWELL!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

POWELL!!

Post by josie andrews »

A thread just for you Powell moaners!

Moan on here!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Re: POWELL!!

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 am A thread just for you Powell haters!

Moan on here!
Why feed a plague?
Your as bad as the people that are hounding him.
Your inciting what they are doing for god sake. It's a forum for a club and players we love. Not starting threads to destroy there image. Disappointed in you of all people should start a hate thread I'm done
Shame on you
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Anyone got an update on who won "player of the season", as voted for through our forum? 🙂 🏆 💪
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

To be fair KITDF, I think the reason Josie started this thread is that she is sick and tired of other threads being taken over by anti Powell views (as are a lot of us).

People will keep slating Powell (that is their prerogative) therefore they have a place they can vent away and the rest of us can choose not to look at that thread.

I hope that makes sense :) .
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Apologies Josie if I’ve got that wrong :( .
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I love Powell
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure this ghettoisation is a good idea. Over the years, there have been lots of players and coaches who have had far more criticism than Powell, without there being targeted attacks on the critics. If it’s pertinent, I will comment wherever I like. In this instance someone posted something which had one new piece of news - Powell would return from the play offs, so a few of us commented on that.
Powell’s return or not is a very big decision for the coaches to make. We have actual evidence - not opinion, evidence - which helps us work out the best way forward. It looks increasingly likely that we will have to beat the Giants and Saints to win the GF. We have already done that in reverse to win the Cup. Having lost to Saints both times we have played them with Powell, we have beaten them both times O’Neill has played. We also won the Cup Final with O’Neill playing. If anyone doesn’t believe me they can check the TV pictures. It’s possible to conclude a lot of things from that, but it is certainly consistent with the point frequently argued that we can do better without Powell than with him playing.
I know he has his fans, and those close to the club absolutely love him, but, given how much money I spend on this club, and how expensive my paying for our group to go to a (hoped for) Grand Final is going to be, I have no compunction in making my case.
The only consistent counter argument I have read is that he will be picked so he must be good. If we’re not allowed to comments on either players or the coach’s decisions, aren’t we limited to discussing the colour of the kit?
Finally, if I was easily offended I would be offended by the characterisation of anyone who looks at the results and concludes there is a debate to be had as a Powell hater. As a person, he seems to be very likeable, and I hope he has a long and happy life.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:06 am I am not sure this ghettoisation is a good idea. Over the years, there have been lots of players and coaches who have had far more criticism than Powell, without there being targeted attacks on the critics. If it’s pertinent, I will comment wherever I like. In this instance someone posted something which had one new piece of news - Powell would return from the play offs, so a few of us commented on that.
Powell’s return or not is a very big decision for the coaches to make. We have actual evidence - not opinion, evidence - which helps us work out the best way forward. It looks increasingly likely that we will have to beat the Giants and Saints to win the GF. We have already done that in reverse to win the Cup. Having lost to Saints both times we have played them with Powell, we have beaten them both times O’Neill has played. We also won the Cup Final with O’Neill playing. If anyone doesn’t believe me they can check the TV pictures. It’s possible to conclude a lot of things from that, but it is certainly consistent with the point frequently argued that we can do better without Powell than with him playing.
I know he has his fans, and those close to the club absolutely love him, but, given how much money I spend on this club, and how expensive my paying for our group to go to a (hoped for) Grand Final is going to be, I have no compunction in making my case.
The only consistent counter argument I have read is that he will be picked so he must be good. If we’re not allowed to comments on either players or the coach’s decisions, aren’t we limited to discussing the colour of the kit?
Finally, if I was easily offended I would be offended by the characterisation of anyone who looks at the results and concludes there is a debate to be had as a Powell hater. As a person, he seems to be very likeable, and I hope he has a long and happy life.
If you can’t handle other peoples opinions, you shouldn’t be on a fan forum
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Does anyone actually hate on Powell?

I say that with 100% seriousness

Because I’ve only ever seen questions of him being picked and/or replaced

Those issues are nothing to do with Powell they are actually if anything hate on the wigan management staff

Everyone agrees powell gives 100% everyone agrees he is the ultimate professional the only bit people disgaree on is him in or out the team which is nothing to do with him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 am
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:36 am A thread just for you Powell haters!

Moan on here!
Why feed a plague?
Your as bad as the people that are hounding him.
Your inciting what they are doing for god sake. It's a forum for a club and players we love. Not starting threads to destroy there image. Disappointed in you of all people should start a hate thread I'm done
Shame on you
Pretty sure you've got the wrong impression here.

I'd bet Josie, is exesperated with the amount of threads that get turned into a bash at Powell so, she's decided to give the bashers their own thread. For the posters among us who are tired of reading the critisism, we will no longer need to.

Job done.