Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by fozzieskem »

Today would have made sense if he was staying to annouce the deal,I fear the worst.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

From what I’ve just seen/heard it’s much more likely he’s staying at Wigan.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:22 pm Today would have made sense if he was staying to annouce the deal,I fear the worst.
If you read/believe Dan's recent update, it's not an update from Bevan/Wigan that comes next.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

CobraCraig wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:42 pm French wants to stay, Wigan have known this for weeks. They cant announce anything because If his family member cannot for whatever reasons out of Wigans control come over here permanently, then French will head home.

Hence the clubs public stance of nothing has been done or agreed. Every aspect between Wigan & the player has been done for a long time but until factors outside of the clubs control have been dealt with the club will continue to portray to the media that no decision has been made on French’s future yet.

From my very first post on here French had agreed a deal with Wigan, the NRL offer came in and Frenchs agent then (and rightly so) put that offer to Wigan who have now gone above and beyond to agree a even bigger improved deal to secure his services for 2023 and beyond (common knowledge we’ve offered him a lot more than we did at first) If French does leave its because of external factors. He wants to stay.

Wigan behind closed doors remain confident he will be here next season.
I don’t think that’s true at all that French wants to stay, he’s openly come out in interviews stating he wants to go back and play in the NRL and the reason why he’s been delayed on signing for us is he was hoping an NRL club would come in for him.
If that’s the case Why hasn’t the deal been wrapped up already. Knights offering decent money to go back to where he wants to. They have had an interest in him for quite a while now. There’s a reason people on are hearing conflicting things …
Kate83

Post by Kate83 »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:31 pm From what I’ve just seen/heard it’s much more likely he’s staying at Wigan.
What do you mean by this please ?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I've heard 100% from a good source he is staying and I 100% believe it's TRUE unless it's wrong then then I 100% dont believe it because it's not true and French had said to someone I know he is 100% going and I believe it to be 100% correct unless he has it wrong and mis- heard him and that would mean he is staying but he may be going 100%.

Think I've covered my back 100% and Ive got it right because I'm 100% in the know and maybe people will believe what I'm saying and people will look up to me because I have a very good friend who knows everything.

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:31 pm I've heard 100% from a good source he is staying and I 100% believe it's TRUE unless it's wrong then then I 100% dont believe it because it's not true and French had said to someone I know he is 100% going and I believe it to be 100% correct unless he has it wrong and mis- heard him and that would mean he is staying but he may be going 100%.

Think I've covered my back 100% and Ive got it right because I'm 100% in the know and maybe people will believe what I'm saying and people will look up to me because I have a very good friend who knows everything.
That would be funny but whats even funnier is you all of a sudden commenting on everything like you know whats what. A lot of people on here know my info has spoken for itself a hell of a lot of times. You worked out what full potential means yet?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:31 pm I've heard 100% from a good source he is staying and I 100% believe it's TRUE unless it's wrong then then I 100% dont believe it because it's not true and French had said to someone I know he is 100% going and I believe it to be 100% correct unless he has it wrong and mis- heard him and that would mean he is staying but he may be going 100%.

People who come onto a rumours forum surprised at the concept of rumours really do confuse me.

Especially people who have been on this site for 16 years...
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Kate83 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:31 pm From what I’ve just seen/heard it’s much more likely he’s staying at Wigan.
Like a lot in these forums I’d rather not say too much . I was there tonight and speaking to certain people / listening to the speeches it sounds very very much like he will be here for next season at least.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:09 pm
Kate83 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Like a lot in these forums I’d rather not say too much . I was there tonight and speaking to certain people / listening to the speeches it sounds very very much like he will be here for next season at least.
Lets just hope its done and put to bed soon