Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Wigan Watcher »

If the cap fits!
Enjoy yourself

CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:15 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:42 pm French wants to stay, Wigan have known this for weeks. They cant announce anything because If his family member cannot for whatever reasons out of Wigans control come over here permanently, then French will head home.

Hence the clubs public stance of nothing has been done or agreed. Every aspect between Wigan & the player has been done for a long time but until factors outside of the clubs control have been dealt with the club will continue to portray to the media that no decision has been made on French’s future yet.

From my very first post on here French had agreed a deal with Wigan, the NRL offer came in and Frenchs agent then (and rightly so) put that offer to Wigan who have now gone above and beyond to agree a even bigger improved deal to secure his services for 2023 and beyond (common knowledge we’ve offered him a lot more than we did at first) If French does leave its because of external factors. He wants to stay.

Wigan behind closed doors remain confident he will be here next season.
I don’t think that’s true at all that French wants to stay, he’s openly come out in interviews stating he wants to go back and play in the NRL and the reason why he’s been delayed on signing for us is he was hoping an NRL club would come in for him.
I love how everyone becomes body language & speech analysts when it comes to Bevan French interviews.

And that last part has been proven false on numerous occasions by the fact an NRL bid came in & Wigan still had the opportunity to increase/improve their offer to the player instead of him jumping on the first flight home.
Both him and Peet have said he wants to go back to the NRL, maybe this view has changed after potentially seeing a large disparity in wages we are offering and limited offer/s from the NRL? So maybe knowing that he would rather stay with us than take the Newcastle move but I have no doubt that we would be second best had an adequate offer from the NRL came in (and you can’t blame him).
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

You’re probably right. But with the options on the table he wants to remain here.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:58 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 pm

I don’t think that’s true at all that French wants to stay, he’s openly come out in interviews stating he wants to go back and play in the NRL and the reason why he’s been delayed on signing for us is he was hoping an NRL club would come in for him.
I love how everyone becomes body language & speech analysts when it comes to Bevan French interviews.

And that last part has been proven false on numerous occasions by the fact an NRL bid came in & Wigan still had the opportunity to increase/improve their offer to the player instead of him jumping on the first flight home.
Both him and Peet have said he wants to go back to the NRL, maybe this view has changed after potentially seeing a large disparity in wages we are offering and limited offer/s from the NRL? So maybe knowing that he would rather stay with us than take the Newcastle move but I have no doubt that we would be second best had an adequate offer from the NRL came in (and you can’t blame him).
Can you post links please?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:29 pm

They can't, no, because they have based this entire narrative on their own opinion.

All Bevan has talked about definitively wanting to do is looking after his family. That is it.
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:04 pm You’re probably right. But with the options on the table he wants to remain here.
So why hasn’t he signed? Or is it a matter of Wigan being Wigan and dragging this out?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:49 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:04 pm You’re probably right. But with the options on the table he wants to remain here.
So why hasn’t he signed? Or is it a matter of Wigan being Wigan and dragging this out?
You are more than welcome to read back in the thread but here's a quick summary of Dan's update:

Wigan are trying to help Bevan's family get a work visa so they can move to England. That would obviously take care of his family issues & he will sign his new long-term deal with Wigan. If that cannot be sorted for whatever reason, he has an NRL offer that he can sign to go back home & look after his family there.

The waiting game is now out of Wigan & Bevan's hands. It's just about sorting out the formalities.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:48 pm

They can't, no, because they have based this entire narrative on their own opinion.

All Bevan has talked about definitively wanting to do is looking after his family. That is it.
After the Salford game earlier this season Peet said this.

“I speak regularly with Bevan about his future but we want our players to achieve their ambition but Bevan’s long-term ambition is in the NRL but as long as we want to keep him we want to give him to the platform.”
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

CobraCraig wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:06 pm

“I speak regularly with Bevan about his future but we want our players to achieve their ambition but Bevan’s long-term ambition is in the NRL but as long as we want to keep him we want to give him to the platform.”
It was widely reported that after winning the Challenge Cup, Bevan got the taste for silverware.

So unless it was after that, he does not have the same mentality as he does now.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

wgwr1999 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:51 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:06 pm

It was widely reported that after winning the Challenge Cup, Bevan got the taste for silverware.

So unless it was after that, he does not have the same mentality as he does now.
So you have a go at me for creating a false “narrative”, I have provided a quote backing what I have said up and to counter you have done the exact same thing you had a go at me for?
I for one hope what you are saying is true but you have no evidence to back this up, as you say it’s something that has been reported. I have no issue with this as it’s a rumour page and I really hope it’s true as I want him to stay but it’s the same thing you had a go at me for (although I provided evidence of what I heard with my own 2 ears coming from Peets mouth in a post game interview).